mcelb1200
post Dec 14 2004, 11:14 AM
Post #31

nFm [ Level 1 ]

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 94

QUOTE (SailCat @ Dec 10 2004, 01:03 AM)
Thanks for the clarification, mcelb.... [edit]

My concern, however, is with regard to the status of our mutual friend.....

mine too, not trying to be an arse, just helpul. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't mystified as to his disappearance. I'm hoping he's okay.

--------------------
user posted image
... just let me see if I can get that log out of your eye...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rogue Znowman
post Dec 15 2004, 07:57 AM
Post #32

"Seriously"

Group: Private Member
Member No.: 42

I hope he's well, and turns up soon at least to say hi and put the community at ease.

I have to admit that I haven't been by here as often as I use to, but I still drift in on a semi-regular basis to make sure you're all behaving. ;)

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
zoyoff
post Dec 29 2004, 12:56 PM
Post #33

nFm [ not leaving ]

Member No.: 78

Hi all,

I have been in and out of the country for my work. I will try to contribute more as time flies so fast. I havbe been working about 18 hours a days for the past two month :( .

But after the holidays every thing should go back into place.

Regards.

All the best for the upcomming year and all of my hope and simpaty to the people of South Asia.....

ZoyOff
+Quote Post
Messenger
post Jan 12 2005, 11:44 PM
Post #34

nFm [ Level 2 ]

Member No.: 89

Well it's now been a month since Krip was going to try calling BM again .... any news??? :( :unsure:
+Quote Post
Puff on This
post Jan 20 2005, 02:38 AM
Post #35

nFm [ stuck around ]

Group: Members
Member No.: 95

Just my 2 cents. I have been comming to this board every now and then since the days when this used to be linked with imagine. (that is how I found it)The one thing I have notice is the ranking system. I've noticed alot of the same names. Example ... wizzard, blue muppet, krip 730 I remember when he ran this joint now he's a newbie? just out of respect he should get some better access. I asked to move up, but I was denied so quick with my 2 post, but we forgot the fact that this page board has lost it's info so many times. I remember when chit chat got like 30 posts a day now it gets 2 a day if lucky. Point being your rules and rank system make people not want to be here, some people may not have the chance to come here everyday and wish they could. So, I guess this will disappoint the mods, and now I'll be bannned. I guess that is how it goes here.
+Quote Post
Messenger
post Jan 20 2005, 05:35 AM
Post #36

nFm [ Level 2 ]

Member No.: 89

QUOTE (Puff on This @ Jan 20 2005, 02:38 AM)
Just my 2 cents. I have been comming to this board every now and then since the days when this used to be linked with imagine. (that is how I found it)The one thing I have notice is the ranking system. I've noticed alot of the same names. Example ... wizzard, blue muppet, krip 730 I remember when he ran this joint now he's a newbie? just out of respect he should get some better access. I asked to move up, but I was denied so quick with my 2 post, but we forgot the fact that this page board has lost it's info so many times. I remember when chit chat got like 30 posts a day now it gets 2 a day if lucky. Point being your rules and rank system make people not want to be here, some people may not have the chance to come here everyday and wish they could. So, I guess this will disappoint the mods, and now I'll be bannned. I guess that is how it goes here.

Puff .... mate .... :o
I'll try to write my response without sounding condenscending so don't take anything I'm about to write too hard.
Don't forget that the board was down for quite a while. Many of the previous regular contributors to the Chit Chat section may not even realise it's back up. On top of that, our personal lives have changed as time has gone on as well.
Some have gone away to college/university and have limited if any net access.
Some are off fighting in a war. :(
Some have gotten married / had kids and simply don't have time
Some have just grown out of the scene
Krip's ranking is probably just a simple oversight and it appears he hasn't had a lot of time to get on here anyway - hopefully 'cause his business is going so well - so I doubt he's too worried about ranking. It's really up to him to ask for an upgrade on his account though isn't it?
Your post seems to convey more resentment towards the mods/admins than is warranted. They didn't HAVE TO resurrect the board at all, but they wanted to because they enjoyed the community we used to have. They finance it out of their own pockets and I personally thanks them for giving us a forum to shoot the breeze. I think the moderation of these forums is the most relaxed of ANY forum I'm a member of. I am a Moderator of a car enthusiast forum and I can honestly say, the guys here let us get away with A LOT! :D So they set some rules regarding not asking for an upgrade too soon for all members, and they've followed it to the letter no matter who it is .... not an unfair call. I'm sure if you simply asked again after you posted a few times there wouldn't have been an issue. Your last 2 sentences make you sound like a bit of a spoilt child who didn't get a lolly though :lol:

This post has been edited by Messenger: Jan 20 2005, 09:59 AM
+Quote Post
Bearsland
post Jan 20 2005, 04:36 PM
Post #37
Lightning Pool Champion! Midi Golf Champion! Pepsi Pinball Champion! Pool Jam Champion!

Grumpy Old Man

Group: VIP Member
Tournaments Won: 2

Member No.: 4

Messenger pretty much covered things with his reply, so there isn't really much to add, but I will say this:

Puff, your post was fine and everything you said will be noted by the Mods/Admins. You did spoil it a bit with this last bit...
QUOTE (Puff on This @ Jan 20 2005, 03:38 AM)
So, I guess this will disappoint the mods, and now I'll be bannned. I guess that is how it goes here.

That simply does not happen here at nFm. Nobody gets banned just for stating an opinion; it never happened in Krip's day and probably won't ever happen.

~Bear B)
+Quote Post
Boss429
post Jan 20 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #38

Buckled Up

Member No.: 18

here here. I agree Bear.

--------------------
"Scenes change before my eyes
Doesn't matter what I try
Close my eyes they disappear
Open wide, and they reappear"
+Quote Post
lokal
post Jan 20 2005, 08:46 PM
Post #39

nFm [ progressor ]

Member No.: 142

It's really up to him to ask for an upgrade on his account though isn't it?

upgrade please! :P

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
TWINE006
post Jan 20 2005, 09:18 PM
Post #40

Narcissism Incarnate

Member No.: 25

Well said Messenger.

Now, I've been to some fascist doomsday forums before where the staff really would ban you for arguing with their opinions... this place is far from that. You'll only get the boot here if you deliberately work against the entire community and do not contribute postively. I think the point of the post-before-upgrade rule is simply to reduce the number of fools sitting in a high status with a post count of 1 per year (if you come to the board once a year... obviously you have no need for high status). It isn't meant to discriminate or be unfair to anyone. I mean, if you think you've been wronged in some way or something, I'm sure a discussion with the staff would put the issue to rest. And yeah, the place is a lot quieter than in past times... but the board has gone down all together on more than one occasion, losing some of its members each time. Sad really... but there's little that can be done except try to attract some new people to our cause, lol. Unfortunately, the majority of true posters around here are oldbies (no offense to your age, Bear :P) that have been around for awhile. Who knows, maybe a golden age of posting is right around the corner.

--------------------
You can win a thousand battles but you can still only lose one.
user posted image
+Quote Post
Deepone
post Jan 22 2005, 07:16 AM
Post #41
Ball Eat Champion! Dwarf on a Wharf Champion! Q Bert 2004 Champion! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Brawl Champion! Western Shooter Champion!

The One Deep Down

Member No.: 101

yeah.. and we all should tell our old friends from here to come here again, to tell them its up & running again :) but it's true that all of them won't anymore have time for this, but even if its sad we shouldnt blame them a bit - at some point we all will have something else to do. it would be pretty weird to stay here all nights during honeymoon for example.. thought I guess some of us would do that too ;)
and well, about the ranking system.. its like its been said, keeps those 1 message posters away. the rules do have a meaning behind them :) all of them. it might be it delays the age of lotsa posts, but.. I think it will increase the quality of those posts a lot at the same time :) make the conversations more fruitfull. and so on.
well, I'm off soon.. have to make some food :) have the weekend free..

--------------------
This person is best talked to with the help of a computer..
+Quote Post
Puff on This
post Jan 30 2005, 08:09 AM
Post #42

nFm [ stuck around ]

Group: Members
Member No.: 95

QUOTE (Messenger @ Jan 19 2005, 09:35 PM)
Some are off fighting in a war. :(

Yes I know, I was one of them. I only got to post 1 time that last year. Kind of hard to get computer time in bagdad ;)
QUOTE (Messenger @ Jan 19 2005, 09:35 PM)
Your last 2 sentences make you sound like a bit of a spoilt child who didn't get a lolly though  :lol:

Sorry about that childish comment. Sorry it was just a rant hope you all didn't get to offended. and I do take the fact that someone else provides the money to keep these boards running. Thank you :D
+Quote Post
SailCat
post Feb 10 2005, 05:10 PM
Post #43

nFm [ not leaving ]

Member No.: 113

Well ... I'm glad we got that cleared up. <hi, puff>

So ... is there anyone who actually knows Blue_Muppet in the real world? Is he OK and among those who have just moved on to other diversions?

I don't care if he is no longer interested in nFm, but would like some assurance that he's alive.

Thanks!

~SC
+Quote Post
Pikaporeon
post Feb 10 2005, 07:55 PM
Post #44
Advanced Curveball Champion!

...Then I Defy You, Stars

Member No.: 70

I take it you read this before his Im Back thread :D

--------------------
A British company is developing small computer chips that can store music
in women's breasts.

This is considered a major breakthrough since women complain about men
staring at their breasts and not listening to them.
+Quote Post
Firewiz
post Nov 16 2005, 01:04 AM
Post #45

God is Busy-Can I Help U?

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 17

Well, I cant tell you how much I miss this place in its hey day! Im as guilty as another of not being here! My excuses can go on forever...but my newest...home and family probs. Im getting my marrriage back on track and my cyberworld has deinately taken a back seat. Im sorry. I am always lurking...and I will give help when I can. You guys are doing great keeping us still alive!!!!

"Don't bury me, I'm still alive"

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:23 PM