Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sn_ake
post Aug 10 2004, 07:51 AM
Post #2

nFm [ not leaving ]

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 120

Not bad m8, what program did you use to make them up?

I like the one named redemption.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Slace
post Aug 10 2004, 02:03 PM
Post #3

nFm [ Level 1 ]

Group: Private Member
Member No.: 52

tenticals is the only one that didn't start out in 3dsmx. The rest are simple objects made in it and then exported to photoshop where they were touched up

the only one soley from 3dsmx is unique

--------------------
bash-2.05$ cd /pub
bash-2.05$ more beer
+Quote Post
TWINE006
post Aug 11 2004, 01:58 PM
Post #4

Narcissism Incarnate

Member No.: 25

Some pretty good ones in there.

I like Alone quite a bit and I think it has a nice amount of empty space for a wallpaper.

I think the pieces should have been made a bit bigger in GameOver. Also, it may just be me, but the text on GameOver is sort of hard to read.

Redemption is very nice, I like it. Did you model that skeleton from scratch?

Tenticals is pretty neat but I think the starburst-thing in the center would've looked better without the blur effect. I don't know... there's just something I don't like about this picture, but I can't figure out what.

I actually really like Twists. It's just cool to look at, lol (nice choice of color, btw, heh).

Unique is pretty good too. The simple objects and simple lighting give it an almost cartoonish look and the text style fits in well.

Cool stuff, Slace. :)

--------------------
You can win a thousand battles but you can still only lose one.
user posted image
+Quote Post
Slace
post Aug 11 2004, 02:34 PM
Post #5

nFm [ Level 1 ]

Member No.: 52

thanks for ya resonse twine

I like Alone quite a bit and I think it has a nice amount of empty space for a wallpaper.

Alone is my personal favorite, it is the one I'm most proud of, even if it is the most simple one. I think its really powerful in the way it works, the white space showing the theme.

I think the pieces should have been made a bit bigger in GameOver. Also, it may just be me, but the text on GameOver is sort of hard to read.

Yeah I agree that the piece's could be a bit bigger, they look a bit unproportioned on the squares. But as for the text, I deliberatly made the text harder to read and I wanted the pieces to be the focus, not the text, being focused on the defeat of white (or good) by black (evil).

Redemption is very nice, I like it. Did you model that skeleton from scratch?

No the skeleton isn't my doing, I'd love to take credit for it but I didn't make it, I found it on 3dCafe's site (good place: http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/freestuff.asp ). All I did was make the cross with the blood and what not. I think its very powerful too, but I don't like the shadow, it looks to be on the wrong angle...

Tenticals is pretty neat but I think the starburst-thing in the center would've looked better without the blur effect. I don't know... there's just something I don't like about this picture, but I can't figure out what.

It could be the fact that the tenticals themselves aren't properly lined up :P. The right side is slightly lower than the left side. If I was still using it as a bg I'd get round to fixing it up meh :P

I actually really like Twists. It's just cool to look at, lol (nice choice of color, btw, heh).

Everyone BUT me likes this one! I don't like the spirling in small pics, I don't like the fact that I forgot to do a mesh smooth on it and I don't like the text.
Ahh well, each to their own :P

I (personally) think this is the best picture I've ever made:
(IMG:http://slace.sytes.net:65/pics/apocalypse.jpg)

Is it just me or is there a lot of good vs evil themes in my images... I think I'm rather disturbed :P

--------------------
bash-2.05$ cd /pub
bash-2.05$ more beer
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:17 AM