Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Got flipped, turned upside down, accident

Boss429
post Dec 12 2004, 05:16 PM
Post #1

Buckled Up

Group: Private Member
Member No.: 18

Well the Canadian Winter conquered me and my little ol'car. Whilest I was returning to University to wriute my last two exmas of the year, I caught some ice or slush and lost control.

I was travelling at 100-110Km/h North on Regional HWy 11 here in Ontario. My tail started to swing out, I could not regain control, next thing I know I am upside down sliding backwards through snow.

There I was hanging upside down in the good solid steel frame contructed Buick. Still in my seat, by the seat belt the sterring wheel and me still holding the wheel. When I unbuckled, I felt like Will Smith in Men In Black as i landed.

I got out of the car by myself, and walked up the ditch to the people above. I had no visible signs of injury. I talk with the people that stopped to say I am alright, there was no one else there. One of the people was an Emerg. Room Doctor. He stayed until the police arrived. Abulance checked me out said i was in better shape than most people after something like that.

After having it towed, and file the paper work i waited and a rural OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) station just of the highway for the rents to pick me up and take me the rest of the way to University.

I am fine, though I was warned that I may feel extremely sore depressed and weka for the next week after a trauma like that. I may even get out of one of my exams.

But apparently I was too relaxed while it happened so i havent strained any muscles, and I am I guess better for it.

I will see about sketchign a small picture of what happened so show.

--------------------
"Scenes change before my eyes
Doesn't matter what I try
Close my eyes they disappear
Open wide, and they reappear"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Messenger
post Dec 12 2004, 07:36 PM
Post #2

nFm [ Level 2 ]

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 89

Damn! Glad to hear you're OK! I agree about the fact that you'll begin to feel sore and sorry over the next few days .... the jolt that the body absorbs in accidents is often masked by adrenalin. Make sure you get your neck fully checked out by someone other than the Doctor on then scene .... whiplash can take a little while to take full effect but is very debilatating when it does.
Good luck and hope it all works out OK.

Edit: A small moral to the story is "Seatbelts Save Lives" - I think things would have turned out very different if you hadn't been wearing yours - I can't believe it's still not mandatory in many countries :unsure:

This post has been edited by Messenger: Dec 12 2004, 07:39 PM
+Quote Post
Boss429
post Dec 12 2004, 08:06 PM
Post #3

Buckled Up

i went to the abulance at the seen, they did all sort s of checking inside and even the legs and feet

Then later i say the Doc in the hospitial who checked outeverything around the neck and shoulders and spine for rotattion and movenment. as well as adomenal with regards to the seat belt.

i have a list of meds i should take if i need, as well as when to apply heat or cold, or take certain meds.

all the car stereo stuff is saved.

i just got opff the phone with my mom nad dad... they are following the CAA truck back home.

They are surpirsed and glad that im not hurting after seeing it. The roof was aparently totally crushed it on most parts, . Rear View mirro on the floor, i have a snow ice packed back seat area, they found my glass case, my cds, i also had a bag of apples, and cold cuts (ham) which remained on the seat, and stayed cold with the snow.

so taht is the good news.. but my moms guess is that i should place any thoughts about it returning to the road. so I may have to look at another vehicle.

So far we are not involvign the insurance. The police accidnt report will be filed and such but for now, we would not really get anythign for it, and the cost to my lisense would be astronomical.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Boss429
post Dec 12 2004, 08:11 PM
Post #4

Buckled Up

i will see about pictures in a little bit

--------------------
+Quote Post
optomos
post Dec 12 2004, 08:27 PM
Post #5

nFm [ Level 1 ]

Member No.: 144

:blink: Sounds like an experience that you will never forget. Ive been in a few accidents, but never in one such as yours where it involved the car being fliped over. Your very fortunate you were not injured....I guess the seat belt saved your ass!!

--------------------
--How few our real wants, and how vast our imaginary ones!--
+Quote Post
PimpScourge
post Dec 13 2004, 01:22 AM
Post #6
QB Challenge Champion! Sink Ya Drink Champion!

Broken As Designed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Glad to hear you're ok, Boss. Too bad that the skylark was ruined.
+Quote Post
mcelb1200
post Dec 14 2004, 10:58 AM
Post #7

nFm [ Level 1 ]

Member No.: 94

Good to hear you're alright. I've had the misfortune of witnessing a similar event on the Princes Highway (Melbourne) last christmas day. Turns out I knew the driver who somehow miraculously drove through a stack of trees that weren't wide enough for her car to pass through, into oncoming traffic, and landing in the ditch after hitting another car. No-one injured, but it's way scary getting out of the car going to help expecting that someone's gonna be dead.

Great to hear you're alright. Maybe try swimming to get that adrenaline outta your system and get your muscles moving before they seize up.

Cheers pal.

--------------------
user posted image
... just let me see if I can get that log out of your eye...
+Quote Post
Boss429
post Dec 14 2004, 09:21 PM
Post #8

Buckled Up

i would like to take a swim.

well i will do some strength and endurance training in jan- april. i hope that will help.

starting to get some more frequent headaches!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SailCat
post Dec 19 2004, 02:25 AM
Post #9

nFm [ not leaving ]

Member No.: 113

Hey, Boss-

Sorry to hear about your accident. 'Hope there are no long-term ramifications.

Your new tag line is amusing, but I can't help but ask (since no one else has), just how "relaxed" were you?

Be well,

~SC

+Quote Post
Boss429
post Dec 19 2004, 07:12 PM
Post #10

Buckled Up

things happened so fast SC, i had very little if any time to react after i could not gain control. I think that because it was so fast, and i ended up upside just as quick that snow was blocking all the windows so I was blind to what was happening around me. I think that is what made me unaware of what was actually happening.

i also just found out my buddy was in an accdient on friday the 17th. on the 401 caught some ice on the left shoulder avoiding an accidnet in front of him, did a 360 into the side of a 18wheeler, cause him to do another 360 backinto the left side guardrail. The front end of his f150 is crushed the other side (passenger) is like 1 foot by 1 foot now. no cab intrusion, or anything so he was lucky. The abulance arrived on seen with the body bag ready and were amazed he walked out of it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Boss429
post Dec 22 2004, 08:36 PM
Post #11

Buckled Up

Here are some pics of the wreck before it went to the dump.

(IMG:http://i.nipissingu.ca/~w0079052/images/car2.jpg)
Our friend is on top of the roof there, he was shutting the passenger side doors after we gutted what I needed out of the car. before he drove it to the dump. This pic is reversed.. stupid scanner. anyways, flip it horizontal and the other pictures make sense.

(IMG:http://i.nipissingu.ca/~w0079052/images/car6.jpg)
Here you can see the damage to the roof. All side windows are intact. They were just rolled down. also the paint scrapes and the blown in rear window.

(IMG:http://i.nipissingu.ca/~w0079052/images/car7.jpg)
A shot from the front half. Can see driver side mirror dangling, and the board will show you just how much the roof crunch was. Also gives a small shot of the trunk.

(IMG:http://i.nipissingu.ca/~w0079052/images/car8.jpg)
This jsut shows the bangs int eh roof and the trunk. There was no rust onthe car until after the accident, and the paint removal.

(IMG:http://i.nipissingu.ca/~w0079052/images/car9.jpg)
You can see in the bumper here where i hit the tree. Apparently i hit the tree with quite a bit of force, but while i was in it, it was a soft stop.

I willl post some of the others when i get some more time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Deepone
post Dec 23 2004, 03:08 PM
Post #12
Ball Eat Champion! Dwarf on a Wharf Champion! Q Bert 2004 Champion! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Brawl Champion! Western Shooter Champion!

The One Deep Down

Member No.: 101

looks pretty bad.. but the main point is u still being here =)

--------------------
This person is best talked to with the help of a computer..
+Quote Post
TWINE006
post Dec 30 2004, 05:15 AM
Post #13

Narcissism Incarnate

Member No.: 25

Sounds like a pretty frightening experience, Boss. I'm glad you came out of it without any serious injury despite the look of the car (that is indeed quite a dent in the bumper, heh). Thank goodness for seatbelts (although there truly are some times when NOT having one on will save your life... though that's statistically rarer).

Sorry to hear about your friend... you guys must be very lucky up there, lol.

Just goes to show... never know what is gonna happen...

--------------------
You can win a thousand battles but you can still only lose one.
user posted image
+Quote Post
SailCat
post Dec 31 2004, 06:10 PM
Post #14

nFm [ not leaving ]

Member No.: 113

You do look a whole lot better than your car, Boss.

'Delighted that you're OK!

~SC
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:21 AM