Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cursing fuckin rocks!

TWINE006
post Oct 27 2006, 04:17 AM
Post #1

Narcissism Incarnate

Group: Private Member
Member No.: 25

But no, seriously, is it just me or do self-righteous whorebags that jump on other people (i.e. me) for using "curse words" provoke intense feelings of anger after a while? They are just fuckin words, people!

This whole rant of mine seems very very childish, but I've noticed it happening more and more often lately. And frankly, I don't care if someone is offended nor do I even see WHY they are offended. These "four letter words" are just that, words in the English language.

"Oh, well they have such negative connotations!" Fuck you. Plenty of words that are deemed acceptable in english can have the same connotations as a "bad" one. It almost seems like those "bad" words were picked at random (even though its something to do with differing dialects before the rise of modern english concerning proper and improper language... I think). When I ask anyone to explain to me why a word is offensive, they almost always say:

It just is. Or something to that effect. It seems like people just think they're bad because their parents taught them that from an early age. Which, frankly, doesn't validate their objection. At all.

Someone comfort me in this matter. Please.

--------------------
You can win a thousand battles but you can still only lose one.
user posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ratrap
post Oct 27 2006, 04:26 PM
Post #2

nFm [ Level 2 ]

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 21

Ehhh? What is this about? Using words like "fuck off"?

Well, the good old america likes to pretend the good guy, if it's pr0n, WAR or whatever. I would not care about a guy telling me how bad my words are ^^ Humans give the words power.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Messenger
post Oct 28 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #3

nFm [ Level 2 ]

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 89

QUOTE(TWINE006 @ Oct 27 2006, 02:17 PM)
It almost seems like those "bad" words were picked at random (even though its something to do with differing dialects before the rise of modern english concerning proper and improper language

The words do have meaning. For example, FUCK is an acronym for Fornicate Under Command of the King. So unless your sentence is about having sex or describing that something is "rooted", the use of the word fuck is not the correct word to use.

IMO I don't mind hearing the odd "swear word" or 2 from a person in a conversation as a way to apply force to their point, but when it extends to the point they are using multiple swear words in single sentences, I consider them to be just too lazy or too stupid to find out a more appropriate/descriptive word.

Here's a movie you may like: http://www.fourletterfilm.com/trailer.htm

This post has been edited by Messenger: Oct 28 2006, 12:20 AM
+Quote Post
ekkara
post Oct 30 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #4

nFm [ stuck around ]

Group: Members
Member No.: 268

:huh: :)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:57 PM