Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How's life?

Surtsey
post Jan 14 2005, 04:25 AM
Post #1

nFm [ stuck around ]

Group: Members
Member No.: 168

I've not been here for.. a long while. Figured I'd drop by and see what's going on.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SailCat
post Jan 14 2005, 03:38 PM
Post #2

nFm [ not leaving ]

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 113

Welcome back, Surtsey. We'll see you around the forum.

~SC

"All of us are better than the worst thing we have ever done."

"None of us knows more than all of us."
+Quote Post
Surtsey
post Jan 15 2005, 12:22 AM
Post #3

nFm [ stuck around ]

The place doesn't seem quite as lively as I remember it long ago. What happened?
+Quote Post
TWINE006
post Jan 15 2005, 12:50 AM
Post #4

Narcissism Incarnate

Group: Private Member
Member No.: 25

Sadly a few of the old members are gone/disappeared these days.

Even despite that, it's been a lot slower around here period. No real explanation I guess... people just busy with life I suppose.

--------------------
You can win a thousand battles but you can still only lose one.
user posted image
+Quote Post
Surtsey
post Jan 15 2005, 03:55 AM
Post #5

nFm [ stuck around ]

Bummer. I believe I did notice Krip take off at one point, which to be honest doesn't bother me much we never got along well (not entirely his fault). Is that Muppet fellow still sticking around?

I notice you guys are trying to get a main website up and running. Might I inquire as to how you're managing the content? We may be able to provide each other some assistance.

>edit<

I need to find BlueMuppet so I can gripe at him for not (apparently) doing anything with BlackWinter. I've periodically checked the place every few months for the last year and a half, only to see various `coming soon` screens.

This post has been edited by Surtsey: Jan 15 2005, 03:59 AM
+Quote Post
Messenger
post Jan 15 2005, 04:25 AM
Post #6

nFm [ Level 2 ]

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 89

QUOTE (Surtsey @ Jan 15 2005, 03:55 AM)
I need to find BlueMuppet so I can gripe at him for not (apparently) doing anything with BlackWinter. I've periodically checked the place every few months for the last year and a half, only to see various `coming soon` screens.

Well if you can find him we'd all be very happy .... we're all quite concerned about him atm.
+Quote Post
Surtsey
post Jan 15 2005, 04:42 AM
Post #7

nFm [ stuck around ]

Weird. It's always interesting when someone who's usually on frequently disappears for a year or more.

And what's up with there only being one skin for the BB? This thing makes my eyes water. I remember this place used to have a nice green skin as well as a red one I liked.

This post has been edited by Surtsey: Jan 15 2005, 04:42 AM
+Quote Post
PimpScourge
post Jan 15 2005, 07:32 PM
Post #8
QB Challenge Champion! Sink Ya Drink Champion!

Broken As Designed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Surtsey @ Jan 14 2005, 09:55 PM)
I notice you guys are trying to get a main website up and running.  Might I inquire as to how you're managing the content?  We may be able to provide each other some assistance.

DutchKid is working on it. Feel free to contact him about it.

QUOTE (Surtsey @ Jan 14 2005, 10:42 PM)
And what's up with there only being one skin for the BB? This thing makes my eyes water. I remember this place used to have a nice green skin as well as a red one I liked.

DK & me are working on trying to integrate the website frontend as a skin. The blue one only is a temporary skin.

This post has been edited by PimpScourge: Jan 15 2005, 07:48 PM
+Quote Post
Surtsey
post Jan 16 2005, 01:15 AM
Post #9

nFm [ stuck around ]

It's probably not worth being all secretive.

I'm writing, of all things, a content management system that I firmly believe blows everything else out of the water. Sure, I have a biased perspective, but it's still excellent software. It won't be release-ready for probably another month or so, but I'm looking for anyone and everyone who'd like to beta test it for me.

Features include:
-It's 100% dynamic templateset driven, you can modify absolutely any aspect of presented information or structure
-Multiple templatesets (skins) are integrated
-Multilingual capable
-Exceedingly fast. Right now the average pagebuilds on my development server are 0.009-0.012 which is much faster than anything else I've come acrossed. Especially considering how powerful the system is.
-It's modular and integrating new functionality is incredibly easy
-There's a magic template system which allows direct access to the API through the tools I provide. It lets you make code inserts that work with the system when called in templates.

That's a small list of its more notable core features (since all other features are usually incorporated via loadable module and rely on that module). Right now there's a newslet module, a user module (it's a core module and is included with the distro) and an administrative module (also core). I'm either working on or planning to work on modules for anything from image galleries, download managers, bulletin boards to games.

You can get more information about it here, here and here. AlkaliNET.com (where all those links lead to) is running an older version core, it's on 0.3.0 and version I'm building right now is 0.6.0. 0.6.0 won't be stable for a little while longer though. Oops, I left out an important page -> ArchetypeCMS

This post has been edited by Surtsey: Jan 16 2005, 03:42 AM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 04:50 PM