Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages  1 2 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> American propaganda

The_Ro
post Nov 11 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #1
Assassination Simulator Champion! Bat and Mouse 2 Champion! BlackJack Champion! Bomby Bomy Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Injury Time Champion! Knife Throw 2 Champion! Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion!

nFm [ progressor ]

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 207

I was thinking of putting this in the jokes section, but I guess I will get flamed to hell for it, so this should be where it belongs.

http://network.realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads...434663037333830?

Of course I feel that people who had the balls to go to war deserve respect. Even if the cause is not always just, they are just doing what they are told to do, and that makes for a good soldier. But does anyone else find it ironic, when the little japanese boy says; Thank you for keeping our country free? I mean, c'mon, the US army dropped 2 nukes on Japan not even 70 years ago...

No country has seen this much propaganda since Germany under the Nazies...

--------------------
... Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid ...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ratrap
post Nov 11 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #2

nFm [ Level 2 ]

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 21

Hail Hitler! Errr RO.

I know what you mean, but well... There wouldn't be such propaganda if they wouldn't want them/give them ...

Same with religion ... We will NEVER be able to act as a unit ... ONE Country. We need to let us look higher than anyone else.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
artzelda
post Nov 12 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #3

The MAN

Group: Private Member
Member No.: 26

How do you know he is Japanese. He most likely is an American, in which case he his grateful for keeping HIS country free.
+Quote Post
Ratrap
post Nov 12 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #4

nFm [ Level 2 ]

Why do you NEED to keep your country free?

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
The_Ro
post Nov 12 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #5
Assassination Simulator Champion! Bat and Mouse 2 Champion! BlackJack Champion! Bomby Bomy Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Injury Time Champion! Knife Throw 2 Champion! Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion!

nFm [ progressor ]

QUOTE(Ratrap @ Nov 12 2006, 11:32 PM)
Why do you NEED to keep your country free?

Good question... When WAS the last time someone tried to invade the US?

--------------------
+Quote Post
artzelda
post Nov 13 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #6

The MAN

9/11/01
+Quote Post
The_Ro
post Nov 13 2006, 05:40 PM
Post #7

nFm [ progressor ]

QUOTE(artzelda @ Nov 13 2006, 06:05 PM)
9/11/01

... That was a damn pathetic attempt at an invasion... About 8 guys with knives, trying to conquer the clearly strongest military power in the world?

It was terror, not an invasion, and the army cannot do much to fight terror, no matter what mr. Bush says... There are 2 ways of getting rid of terror, the most effective is to find out WHY ppl are willing to get killed to hurt you (ie what are you doing to piss them off so immensely), the second is being smarter than the terrorists, this is hard to accomplish though, since you will ALWAYS need to be a step ahead, and it will be a never-ending job...

3rd way is to nuke all countries that harbor terrorists... Which would be every country in the world, by the time you got done with the first few :P

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ratrap
post Nov 13 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #8

nFm [ Level 2 ]

Are you angry artzelda?

I still vote for being one country ;.; I don't like the way of ruling in America, and no i don't like that nazi stuff either :D

I am idealistic-realistic. I want that but know it won't happens. Because there are words like mine and yours ...

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
artzelda
post Nov 13 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #9

The MAN

Angry how the hell did you get that idea. Invasion doesn't have to be with a mass army. The purpose of invasion is to conquer a country or to make it impotent. 9/11 was an invasion. i just want to KILL all those that want to kill me. I am not out to make them friends or understand them. I don't give a damm about their reasons for wanting to kill me.

Nuking not a bad idea. i wish the US would do it just to demonstrate its will. Then other countries will get the message and handle the terrorists on their own soil or become martrys. Being a martry is a great idea.
+Quote Post
Deepone
post Nov 13 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #10
Ball Eat Champion! Dwarf on a Wharf Champion! Q Bert 2004 Champion! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Brawl Champion! Western Shooter Champion!

The One Deep Down

Member No.: 101

it was interesting to look up what wikipedia says... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_%28disambiguation%29 =)

think you both are a bit wrong, according to that: military force entering foreign country.

but my own understanding is that 9/11 couldn't be claimed to be invasion. but I do agree with ro that it is sounding weird when that japanese looking (not the word!) person says thanks.. given the context. While it is also most likely that he is natively from US but the first thought is that the person is representing japanese generation. or asian anyway. with a caucasian person, it is not so strikingly bad thing to do (that can be viewed VERY offensive if you are a japanese person) because we all accept caucasians living in europe & northern america (meaning the geographic..).
oh and I do not think US can do that nuking artzelda. just because of the reality.. if they are gonna use them, they are gonna need the permission from others or they WILL feel enough threatened that it might cause a massive war (being it just a cold war or world war III).

--------------------
This person is best talked to with the help of a computer..
+Quote Post
Ratrap
post Nov 14 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #11

nFm [ Level 2 ]

Every country is having terrorists, but why is america having so many of them? Do you think they played rock, scissor and paper to decide which country the hate most?

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Deepone
post Nov 14 2006, 05:37 PM
Post #12
Ball Eat Champion! Dwarf on a Wharf Champion! Q Bert 2004 Champion! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Brawl Champion! Western Shooter Champion!

The One Deep Down

Member No.: 101

well, most likely it is because of the action's of the country (nam, iraq.. and so on)

--------------------
This person is best talked to with the help of a computer..
+Quote Post
The_Ro
post Nov 14 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #13

nFm [ progressor ]

QUOTE(Deepone @ Nov 14 2006, 12:28 AM)
it was interesting to look up what wikipedia says... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_%28disambiguation%29 =)
But I do agree with ro that it is sounding weird when that japanese looking (not the word!) person says thanks.. given the context. While it is also most likely that he is natively from US but the first thought is that the person is representing japanese generation. or asian anyway.

They certainly didn't do anything to make him seem like an American, he spoke less than fluent english, and they put subtitles on it... Also, as to not piss people off, they should put that add for Americans only... I am from Denmark, and I get ads aimed at people from this region... I got that one alot though... And frankly, I don't feel like thanking the US army for anything :huh:

Besides, even if he is American, what happened to the Japanese in the US, after the Japs bombed Pearl Harbour? They were put in camps, suspected of being spys...

This post has been edited by The_Ro: Nov 14 2006, 06:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
artzelda
post Nov 15 2006, 01:15 PM
Post #14

The MAN

Your correct Ro. Being from Denmark you shouldn't have to thank the US Army for anything. Too bad you don't know your own history - circa 1942-1945 and what the US did to supply and train the partisans in Denmark. SEIG HEIL
+Quote Post
The_Ro
post Nov 15 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #15

nFm [ progressor ]

Our country was occupied by the Germans for about 4 years, and the english helped us alot, yes... The US didn't do anything for us, mate, so get your facts straight... You freed France (Don't see why you bothered though :P), and you did do a great job at kicking some Nazi butt, but you did little to help us, and you didn't really even get involved, untill the Japs attacked you...

Besides, I am not complaining that the US army never did anything good, cause it did... I'm just saying I am sick of the propaganda, and I find that particular ad quite grotesque....

This post has been edited by The_Ro: Nov 15 2006, 05:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:14 PM