iBarc0de
post Jan 23 2008, 04:18 PM
Post #1

nFm [ stuck around ]

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Wow...

This place is a ghost town :dunno:

Always had the dream of one day reviving and revamping this place. Getting Wizzard back, I still speak with God's Kitchen reguarly and planning on giving BlueMuppet a call in the next few days. Atomic and I still see each other every month or two.

Anyone seen Wizzard ?

I was cleaning through my old archive of files and found the original ikonboard 2 series version of nForums. Heaps of old emails from Firewiz and others.

Ahh, living in the past... How fun uploading files to iDrive, receiving cease & desist letters from infopop, learning to rip dvds on old Celeron 300's, building nForums on a cyrix PR133.... sharing files through ftp servers... really miss my life back then... even Radnoken, the first guy to put his hand up to host our IRC chan i keep in contact with.

Years later and all I can say is remember to live once in a while. I was just made redundant by work today, and have already a job offer to start tomorrow. Sometimes I question our fast paced lives, and how endlessly spending our nights shooting up playing counter strike was somehow a better way to spend the night and wee hours of the morning then monitoring gps navigation systems and sitting here shuffling invoices for my own small business.

I remember sketching on paper what nforums would look like when away, spending time at the ex's holiday house drawing out the empire I once dreamed nforums would have become of the warez world. How priorities are so different, and how such unimportant things seem so important at the time.

It's funny, i'm still running very large online communities, and still running a small business on the side which I keep hoping will get me there in the end. So always working that 2nd "real" job to pay for the small business. Lifes an amazing journey.

Not sure who is doing the upkeep around this place, but you need to upgrade the software, all these years later and it still only takes me 10 mins to login to the admin cp and leave no traces :D

I guess I still got my old tricks, bad habbits die hard. What I would do to be able to login to Firewiz's FTP to see the latest version of Adobe Photoshop 4, or Dreamweaver 3 with a crack for the exe. Hold that thought, how about Need 4 Speed with a "no cd" crack :D Ahh the good old days.

Sometimes I still wonder where we would be today if I continued this place without the year or so of downtime. I wonder if it would have gotten us all locked away in jail for a long long time :D I still remember having to mow lawns, or saving any cent I could to pay for hosting for this place.

WOW that was a long time ago. I remember going to paid hosting and having to go to the post office to get a money order made up and posting it internationally hoping it would get there on time each month :D Having a dedicated server now is like a no brainer.

This place still brings a tear to my eye.

Regards,

Krip730
The original founder & admin of nForums...

And LordHydra... I never regret kicking you off the team, not even 8 years later :yahoo:
Sorry... had to live in the past a bit again ;) Boy do I miss LH giving me a hard time.

--------------------
- Krip730
Original Founder & Admin of Network Forums
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ratrap
post Jan 29 2008, 10:29 AM
Post #2

nFm [ Level 2 ]

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 21

Yeah... Good old times(Not as old as yours, i came to join pretty late). I had a better health, stuff to do, a future to long for...

I loved surfing through the FTPs and getting pissed off because my FTP wouldn't run.

My LoMM-Friends RO and Khan(Sweepah) were around.

I want a time-machine. :(

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Deepone
post Jan 30 2008, 12:46 AM
Post #3
Ball Eat Champion! Dwarf on a Wharf Champion! Q Bert 2004 Champion! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Brawl Champion! Western Shooter Champion!

The One Deep Down

Group: Private Member
Member No.: 101

hm.. ro I still remember, he invited me here after all. dunno how I got his contact the first time around though. It is quite a while from me last chatting with him but it was during last year and he was doing quite well. Guess I will ask him to visit here again, at least for a short period of time he visited here after the last chat if I recall correctly.
It is very nice to see you all active here again though, it has only been a very short period of time that I checked here and I saw many places with posts.. very nice .. the old times were sure good. But now is now and we just have to make it work better in these times of troubles than it was working before eh ?
oh and.. about having brushes with law.. I have had my own but I got an "get out of jail for free" card so to say. Wasn't raided or seen by police, but had to make preparations for that event as the place where I was administrating DC++ hub and its forums got raided while I was at the army. Funky. Long time ago already though, and hey, maybe future is brighter eh ? =)
edit: after all, we were in the beginning a bit like these guys at here [nforums, jokes&laughter]. Or were we ? added nostalgia anyway :P (sidenote to myself.. post new jokes)

This post has been edited by Deepone: Jan 30 2008, 12:51 AM

--------------------
This person is best talked to with the help of a computer..
+Quote Post
Songi
post Feb 18 2008, 03:21 AM
Post #4

Sensei

Group: Moderator
Tournaments Won: 1

Member No.: 7

you guys have no idea how much i miss this place and miss you guys. its been such a long time.

i really dont want to lose contact with all the good friends i have made here through out the years.

--------------------
Do not run away; let go. Do not seek, for it will come when least expected. - Bruce Lee
+Quote Post
Deepone
post Feb 20 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #5
Ball Eat Champion! Dwarf on a Wharf Champion! Q Bert 2004 Champion! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Brawl Champion! Western Shooter Champion!

The One Deep Down

hey you guys don't need to miss us - most of us are still here =)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Songi
post Feb 21 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #6

Sensei

well then i'm waiting to see you guys pop up.

--------------------
Do not run away; let go. Do not seek, for it will come when least expected. - Bruce Lee
+Quote Post
wizzard
post Feb 23 2008, 04:32 AM
Post #7

UNFKNBLVBLE !

Group: VIP Member
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(iBarc0de @ Jan 23 2008, 04:18 PM)
Wow...

This place is a ghost town  :dunno:

Always had the dream of one day reviving and revamping this place.  Getting Wizzard back, I still speak with God's Kitchen reguarly and planning on giving BlueMuppet a call in the next few days.  Atomic and I still see each other every month or two.

Anyone seen Wizzard ?

I am around but went through very rough time still recovering form.
Just came back, from Toronto and did not have a chance to log to MSN.

I do remember about your dream which @ that time we had the same dream. but time has changed that :(

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
MySoftware2
post Feb 23 2008, 03:48 PM
Post #8

nFm [ progressor ]

Group: Admin
Member No.: 13

QUOTE(wizzard @ Feb 23 2008, 04:32 AM)
QUOTE(iBarc0de @ Jan 23 2008, 04:18 PM)
Wow...

This place is a ghost town  :dunno:

Always had the dream of one day reviving and revamping this place.  Getting Wizzard back, I still speak with God's Kitchen reguarly and planning on giving BlueMuppet a call in the next few days.  Atomic and I still see each other every month or two.

Anyone seen Wizzard ?

I am around but went through very rough time still recovering form.
Just came back, from Toronto and did not have a chance to log to MSN.

I do remember about your dream which @ that time we had the same dream. but time has changed that :(

Well,. everyone has the option to pump this place up.
I can't be involved with the politics of who runs what here, but I provide the infrastructure so you guys call the shots on the what/when etc.
+Quote Post
Songi
post Feb 23 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #9

Sensei

i'm just glad to see that there is still members on this forum that check it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Deepone
post Feb 23 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #10

The One Deep Down

I guess I'm not alone on checking this site every now and then - not regularly, but often still =) many times I find no new messages.. but sometimes there is something to reply to. sometimes I start new thread, albeit rarely.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:19 AM