Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> So what's everyone up to these days?

Slace
post Oct 29 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #1

nFm [ Level 1 ]

Group: Private Member
Member No.: 52

Well as the title says, what's been happening receintly.

Its fairly obvious that there's not a huge amount of discussion here so this is a good start point ;)

I've been working flat-out for the last 8 months on a project at work. We were meant to have it done in like May, but we were running behind so they push the deadline to next May.
Then they decided to do a massive round of changes to the app (I'm a web developer).
To make matters worse four of the seven people on the project have left the company, and 1 has been promoted off the project.

But its not all been bad, I have been lucky enough to get known as the "Vista Gadget Guy" in the office. We're looking at doing some vista gadgets and I had a bit of a play around in my own time and now I'm the go-to guy for them.

I can't wait for Vista, its looking really really impressive.

In my free time I've taken up chasing a small white ball around a field. Some people call it golf, but they aren't the people that have seen what I do on a course :P

Other than that I'm leading a pretty quiet life, splitting my remaining time with sleep and my girlfriend.

--------------------
bash-2.05$ cd /pub
bash-2.05$ more beer
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bdn
post Oct 29 2006, 01:15 PM
Post #2

nFm [ progressor ]

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 75

Playing WoW.

Looking for a job, etc.

--------------------
Formerly M0RPhEuS ..for some reason. Things we do when younger.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
+Quote Post
Ratrap
post Oct 29 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #3

nFm [ Level 2 ]

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 21

I am .. being retired ... play Dark Messiahs of Might and Magic like a brainless ape ... and a little neocron 2 ^^

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Songi
post Oct 29 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #4

Sensei

Group: Moderator
Tournaments Won: 1

Member No.: 7

Dark Messiahs of Might and Magic. I've been wanting to play that game for a bit. still waiting for it to download.

As for me. most school and hanging out with the gf. i pratically live at her house now. finally midterms are done, though i still have some essays I have to do. not the funniest of things.

What about everyone else?

--------------------
Do not run away; let go. Do not seek, for it will come when least expected. - Bruce Lee
+Quote Post
The_Ro
post Oct 29 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #5
Assassination Simulator Champion! Bat and Mouse 2 Champion! BlackJack Champion! Bomby Bomy Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Injury Time Champion! Knife Throw 2 Champion! Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion!

nFm [ progressor ]

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 207

Working... Working and sleeping, that's my life :P

Oh, and getting wasted on the weekends :D

--------------------
... Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid ...
+Quote Post
Deepone
post Oct 29 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #6
Ball Eat Champion! Dwarf on a Wharf Champion! Q Bert 2004 Champion! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Brawl Champion! Western Shooter Champion!

The One Deep Down

Member No.: 101

Well. I have had a major change in my life - I live together with my fiancee now. And we are planning our wedding... :) I also have a lot of time used up by my school (tuesday being worst - from 8am till 6pm and for 2h I have 2 lessons on top of each other).

And yes I have still applied for a part-time work... was on interview to there last thursday. So busy as ever... or even more :P Still using my leisuretime on computers tho.. rig is about the same, altho there has been some changes.. okay only the mainboard and 1 HD is from original computer... :D

Survived from the operation altho lately my hip has been giving me some pains again :( going to doc tomorrow on monday about that one again. Need the papers and then I'm trying to get more from the insurance company... there is already one complainment that has been on the process for a while and it should quarantine me for some extra..

--------------------
This person is best talked to with the help of a computer..
+Quote Post
ekkara
post Oct 30 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #7

nFm [ stuck around ]

Group: Members
Member No.: 268

:)
+Quote Post
TWINE006
post Oct 31 2006, 05:04 AM
Post #8

Narcissism Incarnate

Member No.: 25

Gah, hope you get healed of those pains, Deep. Here, take this morphine. *passes morphine to Deep*

As for me, I'm just bein' twine. Wasting time doing pointless tasks and generally being lazy are the names of the game here. But you know how it goes... possibly.

A lot of my free time lately has been spent playing various games. Who knew that Max Payne can be a great timekiller?

--------------------
You can win a thousand battles but you can still only lose one.
user posted image
+Quote Post
Deepone
post Nov 2 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #9
Ball Eat Champion! Dwarf on a Wharf Champion! Q Bert 2004 Champion! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Brawl Champion! Western Shooter Champion!

The One Deep Down

Member No.: 101

[offtopic] thanks for the morphine.. it was getting hard to get my daily shot.. [/offtopic]

well the operation that was done for my hip helped me a great deal. Altho it seems the problem is slowly getting back. But we'll see..

--------------------
This person is best talked to with the help of a computer..
+Quote Post
Bearsland
post Nov 3 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #10
Lightning Pool Champion! Midi Golf Champion! Pepsi Pinball Champion! Pool Jam Champion!

Grumpy Old Man

Group: VIP Member
Tournaments Won: 2

Member No.: 4

Glad you're all well, guys. Well.. mostly all well.

Me? I'm just plodding along getting old and watching my daughter growing up waaaaaaaaaaay to fast. :wub:
+Quote Post
Ratrap
post Nov 3 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #11

nFm [ Level 2 ]

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 21

How old?? I envy you...I wish for a daugter since years. Do you need to beat up guys shes dating with already?:P

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Slace
post Nov 5 2006, 05:39 AM
Post #12

nFm [ Level 1 ]

Member No.: 52

QUOTE(Bearsland @ Nov 4 2006, 01:14 AM)
Glad you're all well, guys. Well.. mostly all well.

Me? I'm just plodding along getting old and watching my daughter growing up waaaaaaaaaaay to fast. :wub:

gotta pitty that poor girl when she wants to start dating :P

--------------------
bash-2.05$ cd /pub
bash-2.05$ more beer
+Quote Post
Bearsland
post Nov 5 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #13
Lightning Pool Champion! Midi Golf Champion! Pepsi Pinball Champion! Pool Jam Champion!

Grumpy Old Man

Group: VIP Member
Tournaments Won: 2

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Ratrap @ Nov 3 2006, 10:04 AM)
How old??

She's 6.

QUOTE(Slace)
gotta pitty that poor girl when she wants to start dating tongue.gif

You bet!
+Quote Post
Awai
post Nov 6 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #14

Waiting For...

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19

^hehe ;)

i'm just busy with work and life in general...my company has really taken off this year so i'm finally getting some new toys and a decent take home...that said the 12hour days keep coming...

tonight i'm off to the football so i'll have a pint for you all :)

--------------------
"You look into her eyes
and it’s more than your heart will allow
And in August and Everything After
you get a little less than you expected somehow."
+Quote Post
iBarc0de
post Nov 8 2006, 03:14 AM
Post #15

nFm [ stuck around ]

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Life has changed in a big way.

(For those unaware, i'm Krip730).

Started a company a while back, now with 8 employees. We are being purchased in February of 2007, so then I will have a holding in the company, but no longer require to work. I'm now 22 (was about 15 I think when I started nforums). After the sale I plan to travel for a bit, a year maybe, not sure. My GF and I are coming up to 3 yrs together, so a good time to travel and see new things.

Apart from work I am heavily based in Power Kiting down here in Australia. Some of you if you been around from the early days would have remembered Gods Kitchen, an old admin of the site and one of the early ones. Well he sent me a brochure back then when it all started, it sat in the cupboard for years, then one afternoon i pulled it out and ordered a kite.

So apart from work, a gf, a house, and trying to grow a sport down under my hands are pretty empty.

I used to love life, now i feel directionless. Its like i've achieved a small number of things I have wanted to do and not sure where to go from here. To people around me I look like the most well balanced, sort out, level headed person. Reality has it that I get bored with things really fast once they are accomplished, I enjoy the building of things, not the ongoings. Probably the reason we are selling our business. But it will leave me with enough money at 22 to buy a house of my own here in the city, and one out down the ocean side as a getaway.

Going to the UK to visit GK and a few of the boys.

@Awai, catch u on MSN, have some work for you :P

I always visit this forum, once every few months to take a look and remaniss (sp?). Sometimes I wonder what would have happened here if I stayed, and kept the ball moving. Then I wonder if I spent that time here, what would have happened outside of here to me in real life. Sometimes I think life is a complete fuckup, other times i think its pretty sweet. It just depends what day of the week you ask me. I'm 22, and half way to 40 and only now realising that life doesn't last as long as we think, and it can be tomorrow that I wake up and find everything has passed me by.... not this little black duck.

Regards,

Krip730

(sheesh its been a while since i used that nic)

--------------------
- Krip730
Original Founder & Admin of Network Forums
+Quote Post

2 Pages  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:06 AM