Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: WTF....
nForums.net > General > Whatcha Got Bitch!
TWINE006
A friend of my mine recently sent me a link to 'www.mavav.org ... It was meant to make me laugh, but it just pissed me off. These people... are complete idiots...

Fact: Hardcore gaming not only leads to videogame addiction and abrupt lifestyle changes, but to crime and felony as well. Hardcore gamers never buy computer videogames. Instead, downloading illegally copied videogames or “warez” is the only method acceptable by the underground. Buying a legit copy is grounds for abandonment by community groups. You may not be buying your child videogames, but they can illegally obtain them off the internet.

WHAT THE FUCK?! DID THEY JUST CALL ALL TRUE HARDCORE GAMERS FELONS?! OR AM I READING THAT WRONG?! Utter, utter bullshit.

Never assume drugs or otherwise is the problem for your child's poor academic performance. Videogame addiction is not to be under-estimated. It is a serious epidemic plaguing our children nationwide. We recommend getting professional psychiatric help.

This is sick. I've been a hardcore gamer for years now (as in, throughout school). Gaming didn't lower my "academic performance." I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ANYONE THAT HAD LOW GRADES BECAUSE OF GAMING! They are basically saying that young hardcore gamers are bound to fail in life. Again... utter, utter bullshit.

Fact: Videogames have been proven to prevent the development of the proper social skills and interaction needed for a long happy and enjoyable life. Young gamers are prone to being burdened with depression and sadness all throughout their life

Ohhhhh... such bullshit. As I said, I've played games for years now and I'm perfectly happy with my life... I don't know a signle person that was ever "burdened with depression" by gaming...

Now, this entire site is aimed towards a younger generation than myself. But even then, it's still bullshit. They're making gaming out to be some kind of addiction worse than drugs. According to them, the younger gaming audience is doomed to a life of academic failure and more common violence. This pisses me off. These games are no worse than what any 5-year-old can see somewhere else on the internet/TV/or in the movie theater... And trust me, most kids do see it.

Now, if this site is some kind of hoax or parody or something, then hell yeah it's pretty funny... but I think these people are being serious. And it's sick... They are dooming younger gamers to a life of being a "social outcast" and "failure." And that's simply not true. I don't care how many isolated incidents of violence there are. Statistically, an extremely few acts of violence have been remotely related to gaming... Bah! I hate people that have this kind of thought that they should blame everything else for the evils in this world but themselves!
metroid010
that really is bullshit, their saying stuff like the game industry does practices similar to the tobacco industry, but i looked into it, and just found out it was a hoax
lol
TWINE006
LOL! They sure got me going there! Boy, I feel like an idiot... just like my topic title describes, lol. biggrin.gif

Nevertheless... there are people out there that really feel like this... and that's just as bad, lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.