Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Business Control?
nForums.net > General > Philosophy
Taggard
You form a business...You have a vision. You set that vision deep within the company business plan. You raise that business similar to the way that you raise a child (you instill whatever morals you can into that business and give it the resources that it needs to run). Once that business "grows up" and starts running on it's own, you still have a good amount of control over it. At a certain point, however, the business gets larger than the person (or group of people) running it. Now the company is self sufficient and goes after whatever resources help it grow more. Does this mean there is no control after it reaches this point? Does this also mean that we are controlled by business right now? How is one supposed to create a business and attempt to make it large without possible malice coming out of it? You start a business with a certain vision, but who is to say the business keeps the vision? Business changes based on the consumer want of that business.

Blah. This is a very vague posting, but reply as you will. Tear me apart on my analysis if necessary, but since I was so vague, I really haven't presented anything worth tearing up yet.
Deepone
actually I think u have presented a nice view to think about it. I'm interested of what actually is the point on where the business takes control of itself.. how big it needs to be, is it relative to the business itself (like real babies are, ne ?) and so on smile.gif
Taggard
I should have waited a bit (like until after I had slept for a period of time longer than a fly sleeps) and then posted this in a more coherent and thought out manner. It was kind of scatter-brained in structure the way I presented what I was trying to say. I will attempt to come back and be more specific about my point. Again I am at the end of my fuse heading off to my next bout of lucid dreaming (if 4 hours of sleep can bring you that)...I guess that is the time of the day I check the boards here. I have not yet begun to use nforums as a resource for my everyday work, because there is not enough postings in hardware/software/troubleshooting areas yet. I plan on adding to the resources and waiting for them to grow. Once again, scatterbrained in structure blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif and I probably even deserve an offtopic.gif or 2. Sorry to Spam your eyes so much.
TWINE006
What is it to control something. Sometimes your intentions for something simply are unable to become a reality. If you are a very careful planner, you can really keep a company under your control forever. Of course, large corporations almost always become public (here in the States anyways, not sure how stuff works in other countries with different economic systems). From that point on, you lose full control of your company (even so, as major stock holder you can basically vote yourself in as chairman\CEO). Yet, as a business, you are always under the command of the masses. Supply & demand. Supply & demand. Supply & demand. If you supply something that has no demand, then your business is essentially useless and will go no where. It is the consumer who really rules the business world. If you give the people what they want, you become a very wealthy person. If you disappoint them, the consumer loses faith in you and you ultimately lose money. No matter what sort of vision you have, if it is not something the consumer wants, then you vision will just have to change. Of course, you, as the company leader, still have the final word. Sure, by all means, drive the company into the ground with your poor vision of company goals (assuming you vision isn't actually a good one, in which the company would follow it). Even good visions can't last forever, though. There will come a time when your vision will no longer apply to the market and you'll have to move on to something more advanced\newer\in more demand. Now, if you leave your company and leave it in the hands of others, there is no guarantee they will continue on the path you had laid out for them. Nothing ever goes exactly according to plan in the business world.

Meh, I'm sure most of what I just wrote is completely impossible to understand. I just wasn't sure how to respond correctly in words, so I sort of half-assed it. tongue.gif

Btw, I don't think you're spamming, Taggard. Spamming is more along the lines of making posts with a single emoticon or the word 'lol' and nothing else. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.