Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Connecting to work from home
nForums.net > Support > Networking
Xizor
I'm getting ADSL hooked up at here at work, and I was thinking, it would be nice, if when at home (ha,hardly ever but..) I could send a link to the work PC and have it start the download for me so it's all nice and ready for me in the morning.

Any ideas on this? existing programs or mirc scripts or anything?

`Andy
Parli
Depending on your OS you could use remote desktop connection. You could also look into pcAnywhere, Laplink, etc.
Saint26
VNC. Could also seup a vpn connection.
judson70
getright has an e-mail monitor add-in ... you send an e-mail with a specific subjet line ... getright checks your e-mail occassionaly and downloads any links you send it ... neat, I use it often
Sn_ake
now very unlikley but if you are running linux at work you could load webmin on the sys and then log in with your browser from home. From here there is an option in webmin to download links that you specify. If not you could alway run a vnc server or set up ssh server. For all these options though you would more than likley have to talk to your sys admin so that he/she can set up port mapping for the type of access that you are wishing to use.
Deepone
one another option: use mirc and configure it to "track url's" from urself. so, when u send a message, it will open automatically on the comp mirc is run on. of course u will have to make some kind of auto-save settings to ur browser so it wont just be asking to where save the file but.. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.