Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Need help here
nForums.net > Art & Design > Support > Job Openings
Songi
Hey now i'm not all that good at graphics yet. and i have this nice picture i'd like to use as a sig. but the only problem is, it has a background of white, and frankly that just looks ugly here.

heres the picture

user posted image

any help would be greatful
Blue_Muppet
man, with an animation? not 100% on this, ill find out for u though smile.gif
Songi
thanks. So far everything i've tried hasn't worked out, but my skills are limited. so if anyone can help me i figured it would be nforums biggrin.gif
spidermanx
what color would you like in the backround? or what picture/w/e would you like in the backround? i will try my best to do it for you, though i am not very good at animations.
Songi
I was hoping to get rid of the white, so it would match with the forums. but i guess even just changing the colour to the light blue that we have here would work
Boss429
songo,

you tried getting a simple animated gif prog, seeing all the frames, then exporting them to individual images, use your PS and create a NEW transparent image, then open your image (1) then move the layer off the image on to the trnaparent one, then remove the white via a mask or if it works the select tool. do that for each image saving the ne teans images with the gif format or waht ever, then going badk to the gif program to create a new animated gif, load the pictures in order, most have a preview option, then it looks good, save it
Songi
hmm i'd have to go looking for all those programs. I just formatted so i have nothing on my comp yet. But it might work.
Ratrap
I like the Background, you can see the shadow biggrin.gif
PimpScourge
QUOTE (Boss429 @ Mar 18 2004, 07:45 AM)
songo,

you tried getting a simple animated gif prog, seeing all the frames, then exporting them to individual images, use your PS and create a NEW transparent image, then open your image (1) then move the layer off the image on to the trnaparent one, then remove the white via a mask or if it works the select tool. do that for each image saving the ne teans images with the gif format or waht ever, then going badk to the gif program to create a new animated gif, load the pictures in order, most have a preview option, then it looks good, save it

Imageready or Fireworks can do all that. Give them a try.
Songi
Well ratrap, i wanna keep the shadow, but make it that the white is gone so i can have it look smooth on the boards. and i'll see what i can come up with. need to find everything and reinstall it.
enigma
im pretty sure you can just open it up in a certain program and select the white as being transparent, then resaving it.. i'll just try it myself.. hold on..
Rogue Znowman
You mean the white background on that little red x? tongue.gif
Songi
heh. the site that is hosting the pic is down at the moment. that is why all there is, is a red x. And Enigma, thanks any help is great.
enigma
smile.gif I downloaded the GIF before it went down, i've rebuilt it with a transparent background, i'll resave it as a GIF animation when i get a minute.. huh.gif
enigma
wink.gif Due to the way the original GIF was made, & the fact that I'm not exactly ADVANCED in this area, the only thing i can really do for you is change the background of each frame (ie. not have the BG transparent)

Here, I've resaved it with it the same color as the forum background (which changes, DAMNIT!!):

user posted image
Songi
hmm It still doesn't seem to match the forum colours. can still tell the difference. thanks for trying though. Maybe someone knows the correct color that the forum uses so we can switch the background to that.
TWINE006
user posted image

There ya go! Made in ImageReady in a couple minutes. Really simple actually. I selected the white background in each frame/layer and deleted it. I then set it to Auto-dispose frames and... we have this end product. Enjoy! smile.gif

Enigma's pic only matches with half of made replies (since the color alternates from that lighter blue to a darker blue from one reply to the next or whatever).
Songi
oh man i completely forgot about that. guess that means that no matter what its going to be off. thanks to everyone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.