Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Blizzard to distribute WoW with torrent ?
nForums.net > Information & Services > Public News
Deepone
3. Distribution of the Program. Blizzard may, in its sole discretion, distribute the Program to you and the other participants of the WoW Closed Beta Test through the use of a software utility that utilizes the 'upload' capacity of your computer to distribute the Program to other participants of the WoW Closed Beta Test. Note that this utility is only active when you are downloading or patching the Program, and that only files associated with the Program are uploaded. Blizzard will not upload any other files or obtain any personal information about you as a result of this activity.

this is from the licence agreement of the beta... what do you guys think, doesnt this point pretty heavily towards torrent ?
TWINE006
I can tell you for a fact that Blizzard is using BitTorrent to distribute the WoW Beta. I personally am not in the beta program but a friend of mine keeps complaining how he's getting download speeds of no more than 3-4 K (he's on a dial-up, lol). tongue.gif
SailCat
Please allow me to preface this post with an admittance of ignorance. Due to reports of myriad security problems, I don't use BitTorrent.

While I have RL buddies who are happy users, the inclusion of additional, non-optional software with the main program download does nothing to encourage me to join the ranks.

Thanks for the 'heads up,' Deepone.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.