Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: IRC Channel
nForums.net > General > Chit-Chat
^ATOMIC^
Server Address And Channel
Server: irc.evorev.net
Port: 6667
Channel: #nforums

Since nFm is back up and running the irc channel has been 100% more active and isn't it great to see. There has been alot of people joing the cahnel who didn't normaly join the cahnnel last time, and its great.

Blue_Muppet mought up an issue about certin nicks joing the cahnnel, there is one main one whitch is a nick called muppet it will join the cahnnel every so often and don't be alarmed. This is a ircop bot whitch checks for spammers and onjoiners.

First Time Joining Channel
This server unlike our old server efnet has services. These services register channels and nicknames. Once you register your nickname no one elase can use your nickname. And once you have registered the channel the channel is yours.

If this is the first time you have joined #nforums or irc, please do the following steps.

1. Open Mirc
2. /server irc.evorev.net:6667
3. /join #nforums
4. Type ( /msg nickserv register <pass> <email> ) to register your nick
5. You will recive a email follow the email to finish the last step.
6. Your Nick Is Now Registered

Now every time you connect to the server you must type ( /msg nickserv identify <pass> )

Channel prefixes

& = Admins
@ = Global Mods
% = Mods
+ = Priv Members
normal = everyone else

Hope everyone has a fun time on irc, if you have any questions pm myself or radnoken, or even a normal admin.
Stats Will Be Updated Everyday.
enjoy!

***NO live links please***
TWINE006
Awesome. I need to get more IRC active... as I rarely got on there in the old days even.
Songi
heck even i'm at the irc channel. maybe you other people should pop by aswell biggrin.gif
BibleBasher666
It's about time smile.gif
Boss429
i am there in spirit, but the connection restrictions deny connection.

sad.gif

Maybe Songo should run a bot called Boss[spirit]. lol
^ATOMIC^
find a proxy tog et around it smile.gif i do at school
Songi
heh i'll see about running that bot Boss.
spektrum
too bad i dont have mirc available at work, but it's probably best.

i guess i'll have to start jumping on when i get home.

what is the average time everyone is on?

i use to try and jump in every once in a while, but no one ever seemed to be there when I would stop by.
spidermanx
Well, there are many different time zones, so you cant really tell, but im sure if you go on there for a couple days/weeks you will get to know the routine of when people start chatting biggrin.gif

unless wizzard puts up his stats again tongue.gif then you can just tell from that happy.gif
Bearsland
QUOTE (spidermanx @ Mar 22 2004, 11:18 PM)
unless wizzard puts up his stats again...

Damn stats! tongue.gif
^ATOMIC^
I'll be setting up stats for the baord and i will get them running within the week

smile.gif but first more people have to come and chat with us alot of people ahve already started but we need to have it more active to get more people wanting to join smile.gif cheers guys
FXP7
QUOTE (Bearsland @ Mar 22 2004, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (spidermanx @ Mar 22 2004, 11:18 PM)
unless wizzard puts up his stats again...

Damn stats! tongue.gif

haha i remember that
Radnoken
yeah stats
wizzard
QUOTE (Bearsland @ Mar 22 2004, 11:21 PM)
Damn stats! tongue.gif

BEARS!............. tongue.gif smile.gif
Maggietobias
connection restrictions have me too

Maggietobias
SmacK
right now i'm having trouble joining, i'm guessing the server is full, but when i can get in, i'll stick around and idle.
^ATOMIC^
what type of connection restrictions do you have
Radnoken
If irc.evoirc.net does not work, then try us.evoirc.net

I usually get a better response on that server.
^ATOMIC^
yeah you can use

irc.evoirc.net
us.evoirc.net
and i think there is uk.evoirc.net

and you must use port 6667

eg

/server irc.evoirc.net:6667
/server us.evoirc.net:6667
/server uk.evoirc.net:6667
Radnoken
We are sill getting only a small percentage on the irc channel. Buncha lazy bastards. Heh heh. Where are you guys hiding at.
Awai
had a few probs with full servers and a busy life - will try and get onboard with the irc soon wink.gif

Awai.
Taggard
QUOTE (Radnoken @ Apr 8 2004, 03:42 PM)
We are sill getting only a small percentage on the irc channel. Buncha lazy bastards. Heh heh. Where are you guys hiding at.

laziness has nothing to do with it. Business, yeah...Also I am already busy idling on efnet... I dont talk there much and having 2 irc's open would only cause more idle windows on my laboring computer. I will post on here stilll, though.
Radnoken
ohhh, little tip

you dont have to have multiple mirc windows open now, you can join multiple servers in the same program

from the mirc command like you can type

/server -m <address>

that will open a second server window in the same program

or in the options goto Connect|Servers and click the box that says "New Server Window" when connecting to the 2nd or 3rd or... whatever server
Pikaporeon
Im in the irc server... 3 people not talkin...
Radnoken
Im normally in there, but havn't been for a bit.
Boss429
i will be there shortly
Radnoken
Again id like to invite you to make use of our irc channel.

Surtsey
Oh how I long to find another POSiX user here.
I can't stand mIRC. I'm an IRSSI fan - the client for the smart and beautiful.

>edit

Seriously though, even if it's just OS X, speak up.
Radnoken
There irc server address has changed. Its now irc.evorev.net on port 6667 only.
DutchKid
This information is also available through the main page, by clicking IRC or by accessing the url: http://site.nforums.net/?id=3
wizzard
Is IRC still on i have been trying all and with no luck
Radnoken
no that server ended up and die do to lack of involvement from the sysadmin
Deepone
didn't participate as I'm totally using ircnet myself. if necessary I can maybe keep it up there - given there are interested people. how is it ? running comp 24/7 or almost anyway, and having mirc open.. hehe smile.gif eggdrop is also viable option I guess.
So, shall we resurrect it, or.. ? (there are quite many free ircnet servers as far as I know)
wizzard
@ one point once we did good with the IRC it was fun place to be and actually members came in. It is worth the try to bring it back, but then again see the rest of you what they say.
Bdn
I Agree with what Wizzard said..
The_Ro
I have to be honest... I don't have time to hang out in the IRC channel anymore... I used to hang out there a bit, but with work, fiancee and other stupid sh*t, I just won't be able to fit it into my schedule anymore sad.gif
Radnoken
Yeah, with this last go round, I think me and Atomic where the only ones ever on it.

wizzard
I see but i just thought of it, and if you guys have some sort of entertaining stuff in there i think maybe members will make a hang of it. and then again its all advertising.
Radnoken
I'm not entertainin on irc unless im drunk. And I'm not drunk everyday like I used to be, maybe thats the problem. Only time I'm on irc now might be the weekends, but I'll look into getting another channel setup on a server, unless Atomic beats me to it.
Deepone
for me the problem is mainly that it has been on efnet instead of ircnet that I use.. smile.gif
Awai
i'll try and stick my head in too! biggrin.gif
Deepone
so I guess we are up for running the channel again for now.. the question is, where you guys want it to ? at IRCNet both #nforums and #nforums.net are free. which one we want to chooce ? smile.gif
wizzard
QUOTE(Deepone @ Dec 10 2006, 10:20 PM)
so I guess we are up for running the channel again for now.. the question is, where you guys want it to ? at IRCNet  both #nforums and #nforums.net are free. which one we want to chooce ? smile.gif

You can have a poll and will take it from there
artzelda
I haven't been active in IRC because I just don't know enough about it, how to use, the advantages etc. Where can I learn?
Deepone
easiest way is to just download mirc, join a server and that's about it.. well okay you also need to join channel, but more info of different aspects and what that channel means can be found from http://www.mirc.com/links.htm
the basical tutorial is at http://www.mirc.com/irc.html if that is necessary. check both site's out, it's hosted by the makers of this client.

EDIT: oh and btw the poll is there, vote on it please! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.