Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Dawn of the dead (may spoil)
nForums.net > General > Entertainment
BibleBasher666
Ok so I just saw this movie on Friday night and I was very let down.

First off, THIS MOVIE IS NOT A REMAKE OF THE ORIGINAL! If you want to see this movie because you heard it was a remake, prepare to be disappointed. The only original thing from the 1979 master piece was the fact that they went to a mall. That was it. No motorcycle gangs or karate kicking zombies here. It also seemed awkward when they repeated key lines from the original. They seemed forced and like they HAD to do it. These original lines came out when nobody was fucking talking. Like the explanation why the zombies where there. Everyone watches tv then bam they change the station and the explanation comes out and it was just silent.

The editing in this movie wasn't too great either. The beginning of the movie was horribly tossed together. The worst part was the orthographic view of the car going trough a neighborhood. The cuts would show a closer view of the car. The same cut was used at least 5 times and was very obnoxious. The next thing was the "shaky" cam. I am really fucking tired of seeing this. In this movie especially because it was over used. I want to see a nice STILL shot of a zombie getting plugged or when zombies are eating people, none of that panicky crap. In a movie the audience should be the OBSERVER, not the person experiencing it. If I wanted that, I'd play a freaking video game.

If you make a movie about zombies, make it about zombies and not the personal problems of the 'alive' people. What made the original so great was the fact that people were presented with a problem, and bam they went off to get away and/or take care of it. There were very few personal dilemmas presented in the first. It focused on the zombies. Now this one, there was a ton of that hocus pocus "feeling for the character" crap. All these people had families which we either saw or heard off, but you know what we didn't give a shit about them either way. The cop said he had a bro at some camp, and then he was going to go off and save him. Well he ended up not going because something else more important happened. If he didn't care about his brother, then why should I? I care about zombies and that's that. Anyways the only character I thought was cool turned into a zombie and that was fucked up, however he did have his head blown off and that's way cooler than surviving any day.

Speaking of zombies I really didn't like this whole "I'm dead yet I’m pumped full of adrenaline" deal. Why? Because as flesh decays, it generally won't perform at it's best. A prime example of this is the one no legged zombie that shimmies around the ceiling pipes in the garage. WHAT THE FUCK? Dude, I'd so much rather see a crawling zombie than one who can perform daring feats of acrobatic skill any day. What the hell was he doing up there anyways? Another great and stupid thing is at the end. Thousands of zombies are chasing them over the docks, but the dock gets blocked. Notice anything funny? I sure as shit did. Not one zombie dove into the water! Why? I have no fucking clue. I want to know why zombies can chase cars, rips apart entrails and our no legged acrobatic zombie friend sure as hell isn't afraid of heights, but they sure as hell won't take a dive in some salt water when their next meal is 50ft away. Next time I'm chased by zombies, I'll be sure to shoot them with a fire hose, and then they'll know I'm not kidding. Zombies afraid of water? What a bunch of pussies.

The gore in this movie was top notch, but there was not enough of it. Since this movie advertised zombies going ape shit, I want to see a zombie rip off some guys arm or rip open some chick’s rib cage. I want to see zombies get his chest busted open from a chainsaw, have his guts spill out but he is still screeching and using all of his might trying to bash your skull in. That's a fucking zombie I'd be afraid of.

There were a few good elements about this movie, but the shit bricks out weigh the feathers I'm afraid.

Verdict: If you came to see a movie about zombies and/or the original Dawn of the dead, don't waste your money. Make some one you hate rent it for you when it comes out at the nearest Block Buster.

If you like horror movies in general just because your friends think they are keen, by all means see this.
Blue_Muppet
First off, THIS MOVIE IS NOT A REMAKE OF THE ORIGINAL!

ok, im not reading the rest until i see this flick. I was dying for them to remake the classic, but just plain awful original that has only survived mention from the words 'cult classic'.

anyway, your first sentence pretty much let me down for this, but i will still wait and see it before commenting further. smile.gif
Songi
Good review. Thanks. Now i won't waste money to go see it. I'll just wait till it finds it way to blockbuster.
FXP7
i think its worth you 7 bucks, i liked it
Songi
more like 13 here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.