Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: burn cd at 16X +
nForums.net > Support > Video & Audio
seyedaddy
any way to burn audio cds at high speeds? if i burn at hghrt than 16x, the cd skips... even sometimes at 16x it skips...

anu burner or software that lets u burn at like 52x?
Firewiz
I use Nero, and I usually burn at 32x or 40x with a 52x bruner. Use Verbatim Media usually with no probs.

Make sure the buffer underrun protection is on too!
Bearsland
That's a weird one mate.

Unless there's a prob with the blank media you are using, I can't think what the prob could be. I'm like FW; I burn easily up to full 52x with Nero and various media and have no probs
Deepone
if you cant use burn proof or similar technologies, then dont use the computer for other things while burning. and well, even if you can.. it might be better to not to do other things (btw guys.. burning and installing update to xp wasnt the best choice - that resulted in non-bootable system after bsod).
PimpScourge
QUOTE (Bearsland @ Aug 13 2004, 09:25 AM)
Unless there's a prob with the blank media you are using, I can't think what the prob could be.

I also believe this. My CD players don't like the cheap KHypermedia brand I bought once, by skipping or just stopping in a middle of the track, regardless of the speed of burning. I had to switch back to TDK.
forbin
Some of the older cd players can't handle the play back of cd's that were written at high speeds ..
seyedaddy
its seems that all audio cds i burn, skip in some places... and works on others... in my 2001 max, it skips, in a older cd player, its ok. then on some new, it works, some old it doesnt. ive been writing at 8x, 16X and others... what in the world is wrong with the burner? data files work perfecty....
Awai
My CD players don't like the cheap KHypermedia brand I bought once, by skipping or just stopping in a middle of the track, regardless of the speed of burning. I had to switch back to TDK

yep... and the moral of the story is... "you wouldnt use condoms you bourght in the bargin bin...would you????" biggrin.gif

on a more serious note for seyedaddy... it sounds like your computer is struggling to keep up witht he data transfer rate, a couple of ways to try and help it is to restart the computer before starting a burning sesh. make sure your offline internet wise so you can stop your fire wall and virus checkers if these are resource hogs. disable messenger also. try not to use your comp for anything else whilst burning. as a last resort see if the same thing happens with a different burning program?

failing this if your using brandname cdr's then theres pretty much nothing else to try...theres probably some hardware or OS related reason for the problems with will sadly mean a reinstall at the least or a rebuild.

Awai.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.