Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: So which came first...
nForums.net > General > Philosophy
spektrum
the chicken or the egg?
Songi
Heh someone had to post this didn't they? I honestly do not know. Most likely the egg came first, and was evolved from something else to what we see as a chicken today. Hmm either one works.
TWINE006
I say chicken. I can just more easily see the chicken evolving from something else than the egg... as strange as that sounds. Dunno, it's hard to explain.
Streetwise
"The chicken or the egg". It's just an expression. The same question goes for all birds, reptiles etc. And did the man come first or the woman? So to apply the bible's explanation to the chicken and the egg, the hen came first. He got bored and made the chicken and the two of them made the egg. Bless the good book! It's got all the answers biggrin.gif
spidermanx
QUOTE (Streetwise @ Mar 22 2004, 02:00 PM)
"The chicken or the egg". It's just an expression. The same question goes for all birds, reptiles etc. And did the man come first or the woman? So to apply the bible's explanation to the chicken and the egg, the hen came first. He got bored and made the chicken and the two of them made the egg. Bless the good book! It's got all the answers biggrin.gif

Very interesting Prospective street smile.gif

Technicaly the EGG came first, why you might ask? because there were dinosaur eggs long before chickens existed tongue.gif

..oh..oohhhh...whats this you say? your talking about the Chicken egg? humm..then the egg still came first biggrin.gif I belive a different bird slowly evolved, and one day *~BAM~* Egg, and a chicken was born tongue.gif
BibleBasher666
user posted image
Ratrap
The Egg ! A dino made it and what came out ? ugly retard bird, so the Chicken was born !!!

Sorry for ma bad english tongue.gif
spektrum
So with using the evolution theory....it is an easy explination, but what about the "big bang" theory?

wink.gif
artzelda
Intersting, note the shape of the bedpost behind the cigarette. We know what came first.
Maggietobias
go for the egg

Maggietobias
artzelda
Are we doing this again. I can't believe it.
Deepone
ah.. first there was a half-chicken, who made half-egg... then either one got to be 'full' / 'real' one .. I think tongue.gif
mcelb1200
The chicken, when God made him and her...
Taggard
I usually eat my eggs first, then the chicken.

Hmm... but I throw the chicken on the grill first, then the eggs on the stove...

Uh oh... but the eggs finish first... then the chicken.

Oh it is all too confusing, but they both taste so good, so I think I will have a chicken omelette next go around, that way it doesn't matter which one came first... they will both come out at the same time.
Pikaporeon
Im not a creationist so id be saying egg.

Microorganisms started in the primordial soup, with each new generation they would slowly change, some would go to eggs, others would be live births, eventually out of one of the eggs a chicken would come (this is several billion years later obviously)

without involving religion too much, as i dont like debating it, I think that if a superiour power created everything he did it subtly in the evolutionist method
optomos
The paradox of all paradoxes. Id have to say the chicken. This is my reasoning for the answer: You need a chicken (or any other egg laying animal) to have a egg. Lets just say that the egg was first and it came from a single cell. How would that egg have incubated itself? Lets asume the surounding tempurature was just right for the egg to be incubated; but how would the chickling be able to take care of itself or feed itself to survive? An egg must rely on another of its kind for survival just as any other species does.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.