Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Finding the right DTS Decoder
nForums.net > Support > Video & Audio
optomos
Well im sorry to say that my old Cambridge Soundworks DTT2500 decoder went caput on me. The speakers are still in decent shape & I didnt know if I should replace them as well but I didnt want to pay 500+ for speakers & a decoder. I have a Audigy 2 ZS platinum pro & I was wondering if there was an alternative; like using a 200 watt home theather system that is 119-300 dollars. I did find a current model decoder from Creative that would work: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...duct_uid=128759 & http://us.creative.com/products/product.as...58&product=9468

My question is:

1. Can I use a home theater decoder & speaker setup with the Audigy 2ZS plat. Pro"to play games, watch movies, & listen to music over the comp".
2. Would the home theater decoder be comparable to the Creative one.

Any good, knowledgable advice would be much appreciated.
optomos
I guess there are no audio buffs here hu? Well anyway, I went with this. It will be here on moday. I will post my opinion on it here just in case anyone is curious.
Awai
hiya optomos,

sorry no ones replied...i'm sure audiyoda will pop his head in during the next few days as he's the best guy to help you with this. Its not really my territory so i cant give any solid advice soz.

i do know that audiyoda like myself is self employed as a result is extreamly busy at the moment. i'll do a bit of digging and see if i can answer the q for you myself.

regards,

Awai.
optomos
That would be great. Anything you know on speakers I can use for this decoder cause I already bought the thing. The only problem with it is its setup to take creative speakers unless I can figure out how to get around that: Eg. (front,Rear,C/Sub, & Side) so I need a way to hook 2 into one input/output for 5.1,6.1 or 7.1 configuration. Id like something comparable to this but without having to pay $400 U.S. dollars
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.