Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Bit Tornado 0.3.7 using high CPU
nForums.net > Support > Software
forbin
Anyone see this? It will run fine, then it will jump to 95% CPU and stop downloading ... If I stop the torrent and restart, then everything is fine .. until it happens again.

Thanks
optomos
did you get it from here
How long before it starts doing it?
forbin
I think I got it from there ;-)

Starts roughly 30 minutes after connecting .. and seems to only happen on very large files .. 800mb

I will reinstall and see if that makes a difference .. Thanks
Streetwise
If you think Bittornado uses a lot of cpu try shareaza! Man it drains your computer. It does give high speeds though. I hear Azureus is a good client for torrents but it needs Java.
PimpScourge
I use an old version of Shad0w's, which works fine. I can hook you up with it if you want.
Sirius
I use ABC, Another Bittorrent Client and haven't a single problem with it. I get faster speeds on that program than I have ever gotten on torrents.

http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/
Streetwise
And how about Bittorrent 3.3.1? Anybody tried that?
forbin
Thanks for the pointer to ABC .. going to give it a try
Sirius
QUOTE (forbin @ Aug 31 2004, 10:03 PM)
Thanks for the pointer to ABC .. going to give it a try

Trust me, you'll like it. smile.gif
forbin
Well .. I had the same issue with ABC with going in a loop .. Must be something common in the Bit Tornado core code .. I am now trying Azureus and all is going well .. Has some great options that the others are missing ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.