lol...havnt we done this like 500 times? tongue.gif

ill have to find mine, its on the net somewhere
Streetwise
N0, 501 times
Pikaporeon
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Taken in march - have changed wallpaper since then and got new (worse sad.gif ) speakers
ToSS
man, i really need a digital camera. :\
^ATOMIC^
hey its gets us a little active stop wineing
Pikaporeon
ToSS - if you use a conventional camera you can ask your developer to put them on a Picture CD in most places...
ToSS
i'd need a conventional camera first. tongue.gif
Pikaporeon
buy a disposable one ^>^
Sn_ake
Well here's my little station setup, is in a little bit of mess at the moment, just finished moving in the new moniter i found at work.

Desktop
boxcrash
LOL yeah, things change though, I know my space has changed since before.

internet/wifes/other computer
user posted image

My workstation, still. smile.gif And some homely 450mhz PII on the floor there.
user posted image

Then my drawing table and the Dell Optiplex GX260, which will hopefully soon get a 2.8 533 P4 and 1gb ram and at least 250gb HDD, my renderbox, remote on the network. Oh yeah and the HP laser printer on the floor in the corner that still patiently waits for a micro parrell cable to normal size paraell cable, dang cable are like $60. for a 6ft cable and very hard to find.
user posted image
Shoe
Here we are ladys, enjoy

there here btw
Sirius
user posted image
This is actually when my desk is clean. Heh.
user posted image
I've got so much crap that I have a second desk behind me!
user posted image
My chair and other junk
user posted image
That's where my box sits. biggrin.gif
Sn_ake
I think we should run a comp for the messiest desktop area, smile.gif .
SailCat
I see you left your urine sample in a beaker on your desk, atomic. That McDonald's food sure gives it a festive color. It's surprising that you do such great design work on that non-nutritional fuel.

What's the story on the speaker downgrade, Pikaporeon? I'll bet you blew your last pair in a rock-out session. One of the systems I built was in that same case. That looks like a honkin' monitor!

Killer mousepad, Sn_ake. Who needs carbon fiber when you've got cardboard? Your wiring (lower right) looks a lot like my own.

Looks like you've got a system for cooling boxcrash ... just leave the side off your cases, eh? That looks like an 18-inch oscillator on your workstation box. Your office is a seriously great color.

Scary lookin' case, Shoe. 'Looks powerful ... I'll bet some windows get rattled when you turn up the volume. Nice dually, but this is either a new installation or you did some serious house cleaning prior to the photo session.

I'm sure you have a personal system in place that allows you to find everything, Sirius, but is there a 'puter in there somewhere?

Sn_ake, how could you propose a 'comp for messiest desktop' after seeing Sirius' place? He's already won if he can explain where the desktop is ... or the desk. wink.gif

The pic below is from a while back, but not much has changed at the 'Cat's. It looks like this about once a week following clean-up.
user posted image

I enjoy shots of others' work/play spaces. Keep 'em coming.

~SC
Sirius
That is an awesome keyboard? What model is it?
Sn_ake
LOL Sailcat.

Yeah the mousepad is covetred by a brown envelope as the optical mouse didn't seem to like pad underneath.
spidermanx
im so Jealous of your setup Boxcrash....

I'll take a picture of my crap right now...Its SEMI clean..
spidermanx
bah...there it is
user posted image
you all know what the kleanex box is for...LOL

user posted image
had to get a close up of my katana, because box has one too..
Slace
did you get another new mouse shoe?

i'll post when i get a camera
enigma
I'm currently building my new desk. biggrin.gif

I got sick of the first build, so I've taken it apart and I'm currently computering on the floor.

user posted image

I'll post the new desk when I finish it on the weekend.. biggrin.gif
Firewiz
Here is my cheesy attempt at making a homemade panoramic from 3 pics...

user posted image
PimpScourge
Here's mine. It's pretty simple:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
SailCat
@ Sirius: That's a Creative Prodikeys keyboard. I wanted instant gratification for midi input. It's fairly crappy as a musical instrument and is a truly crummy keyboard for typing, though.

I'm a guitarist, though, and play keyboard badly .... rolleyes.gif

~SC
Sirius
QUOTE (SailCat @ Sep 8 2004, 08:29 PM)
@ Sirius: That's a Creative Prodikeys keyboard. I wanted instant gratification for midi input. It's fairly crappy as a musical instrument and is a truly crummy keyboard for typing, though.

I'm a guitarist, though, and play keyboard badly .... rolleyes.gif

~SC

You sound like me. biggrin.gif

Highly skilled guitarist, sucky keyboardist... just learning though. wink.gif
Sproutme
Here is my story

boxcrash
Sprout I love that computer, it rocks.

Thanks Spidermanx. smile.gif

Yeah Sailcat, my Athlon runs at about 42*C under heavy rendering and at about a ambient temp of 75-80*F in the room, so I am weird and like to use the Lasko 21"(not a 18", smile.gif ) to get those temps down around 38*C, then when it is about 70*C-75*C in the room in will run at about 30-35*C when doing some rendering and alot of 3D work. smile.gif Which makes me happy, so yeah I keep the fan set to non-oscialte, I am weird about cooling. tongue.gif

Ever since I had some SCSI drives get so hot they burned up a $2000.00 Targa capture card. sad.gif mad.gif unsure.gif

Oh and Pimp nice Dell, is that a XPS L800(P3), Mummy/mummy II I think it is called. Clean area.
DutchKid
Nice stuff you've got there Sprout!!! Don't the neighbours complain about the gamma radiation comming from you space?
Sproutme
They moved bedroom to another room smile.gif
and truth is they a little slow already so radiation won't harm them.[too late] cool.gif
enigma
That's an awesome setup Sprout, and a spectacular mess in that 2nd pic, well done! biggrin.gif
SailCat
Sproutme-

You obviously suffer from an irreversible case of Hardware Lust, but among others similarly afflicted you are justly lauded.

Great setup, sweet recovery/upgrade from your hydrological mishap. It's cool (pun intentional) that you returned to a quiet, efficient water system.

I covet your Parehlia. How does it perform for you outside the tasks for which its designed? Do you do any gaming and if so, is it satisfactory?

The question which always occurs to me when I see an enthusiast with a maxed-out system is: "What's next?"

Cheers,

~SC
Sproutme
Thanx smile.gif

As I am not a big gamer can't really tell which games runs ok with parhelia.
One thing I can tell that Doom 3 failed miserably.I couldn't play even with lowest settings.That's the first game I tried to load on this system and probably the last.
Other than that it works really well with video editing and occasional movie watching on my old 42" Sony TV.Though I was really disappointed with quality on my HDTV ready Sharp Aquos 37" through S-video connection.

for what's next question it's not really much you can do with this PC setup except to upgrading to bigger HD and adding another gig of memory.
My position of upgrading is I wait till the speed of processor doubles and that's when I build new PC. Usually it is a yearly cycle maybe a little more.Last couple years I was following that cycle but now PC's have enough juice to multitask without driving you crazy and I might keep it for longer unless I cut the hose and tell my wife that it was accident smile.gif otherwise it is hard to explain why you need a new PC
Sirius
Bored... so I took updated pictures of my station...

user posted image

user posted image
Got myself a keyboard. \m/
user posted image
I should have a where's waldo contest for this desk behind me.

Yeah... bored... as you can tell...
enigma
user posted image

I think my camera's set to blurry, don't know why! sad.gif

smile.gif Finally finished building the desk, I've put my 12" Subwoofer under the desk for playing Doom3 - Holy Shit - It really adds to the atmos-fear! ph34r.gif
SailCat

"Enigma's Orgasmatron" *

*Not suitable for apartment dwellers. biggrin.gif

~SC
boxcrash
Hey nice desk enigma, its good to see I am not the only one building my desks.
Desk builders unite!!!

Plus it cost so much to get a desk the size of the one I built.

Why spend hundreds of dollars on a desk, when heck you build another computer with that money. biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Sproutme
I gues I am 1/2 builder
i bought the top, legs and drawer for keyboard all separate ant put them together
enigma
Little update..

user posted image

I bought a wireless desktop and also a 7" LCD which I've hooked upto the TV-Out - I got a 2nd LCD aswell, but havent got an AC power adaptor for it yet, so i'll hook that one up in the car. biggrin.gif

After making a desk with more space, I've got a lot more room for rubbish to build up which is annoying - should do a clean-up. blink.gif
Messenger
I thought I'd better give my desk a bit of a cleanup before I post it .... couldn't even see the desk before biggrin.gif

user posted image
spidermanx
hmmm, what is that an 8-track? tongue.gif
Messenger
QUOTE (spidermanx @ Oct 11 2004, 01:48 AM)
hmmm, what is that an 8-track? tongue.gif

ROFL!! I'll have you know that National stereo has served me well for the last 17yrs! ohmy.gif and has NEVER skipped a beat ohmy.gif .... can honestly say they don't make 'em like that anymore.
It's connected for my front channel with a subwoofered Creative Soundworks setup for the rear channel.

BTW, if you wanna see old, I'll take a photo of the old cabinet record player I keep in my shed (branded HMV - His Masters Voice - with the little image of the dog in front of the gramaphone and all!) laugh.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Firewiz
Updates...

well I bought new drives (raptors), that prompted me to need more power, which made me want a dual powered able case, which made me buy a new case, a new Plex 716A, a new LiteOn combo drive, another power supply, a Sony HS94P lcd monitor....etc

BEFORE :

user posted image

AFTER :

user posted image

MSI 875P NEO-FIS2R
Intel P4 Northwood 3.0Ghz, 800FSB, 512KB L2 Cache
2x512mb (matched pair) Samsung 3200 @ 400Mhz
1x74Gb WD Raptor 10,000RPM
2x250Gb Maxtor 8mb 7,200rpm
2x160Gb Western Digital 7,200rpm
Plextor 716a
LiteOn SOHC-5232K
Mitsumi MTM43W 1.44MB 3.5in
ATI Radeon 9800XT 256mb
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
Coolermaster Stacker
2x Antec TruePower 550
Sony HS94P LCD & Viewsonic A90f+ CRT
artzelda
sorry it didn't work. How the hell do you post a picture here?????
Messenger
QUOTE (artzelda @ Feb 27 2005, 07:12 PM)
sorry it didn't work. How the hell do you post a picture here?????

host your image online somewhere (lots of free image servers around - google it) and using the [IMG] tags, type in the link to your file.
artzelda
Everytime I try to post I get the following message

"Sorry, dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed" My image file is on Yahoo Briefcase.

How the hell does this work?
artzelda
Here we go again
user posted image
Deepone
here is the link to where I have just taken some pics.. if you want, you can also check out some pics from my room at barracks that I have taken (and believe me - we are privileged company on those comps&such! biggrin.gif). normally I would also have that monitor from the army as third monitor on the desk, and the dvd-set would be on the left under one of them.. but having taken them to barracks for now, they arent as usual smile.gif oh and the second comp is still on its stages.. havent finished it yet, its old puter (P 133) for MS-DOS games wink.gif might later also be a server / firewall or something..
have also been planning on getting third comp and putting my current one to rest from active use and act as a storage room or something, but the plan is currently on ice due to trying to get some money for a trip to meet one girl.. but its another story wink.gif

edit: fixed some grammatical misstakes
Deepone
oh and as a side-note.. comp will be staying at my place & on the net for the next week too, so you have some time to check them out smile.gif (if my comp is at my home, you can see the signature pic and thus also those pics)
Firewiz
I painted my drives black to match...look at original pic above to see em white!

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.