Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: FTP Server recommendations
nForums.net > Support > Networking
forbin
Guys .. Been running BulletProof all these years, but think it's time to upgrade. What do you guys recommend? G6; Serv-U; ws_ftp; F-Secure

I like the ease of BP .. Tried ws_ftp since I love the client, but didn't care for the server.

Thanks
optomos
Serv-U
Haroc
2nd on serv-u, user friendly and easy to setup.
DutchKid
If I'm not mistaking, then G6 and BP are the same. Used to be G6 but BP took it over.
forbin
I thought the same .. Looks like BP is the 'Home' edition and G6 is the 'High End Commercial' edition.

I'm testing out Serv-U now .. The only thing that I havn't found yet is the ability to have people login using their nforums userid without defining them all first. In BP, I would create a nforums userid and password, uncheck the Login field then folks could log in just utilizing the nforums password .. Is this function available in Serv-U?? I also do not see a way to ban a IP based on the amount of invalid login tries ...

Thanks
^ATOMIC^
Personally i would use ioFTPD (win) glFTPD (linux) theya re both really good and secure. Have a look into both of them there are plenty of addons and they are both free
optomos
I would create a nforums userid and password, uncheck the Login field then folks could log in just utilizing the nforums password .. Is this function available in Serv-U??

No, thats the only thing it doesnt have. But you will find it has other powerfull features that bp doesnt have.
Radnoken
i use bp, but thats because its linked up to my mirc script
Sproutme
the best thing about serv -u that it hase remote administration capability.
For user name login only with password you out of luck.
Boss429
im usiung wsftp5... sever./... not bad.. not much to it.
forbin
Thanks for all the suggestions .. Looks like I'm going with G6 .. but still playing with it ... Final decision will be this week
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.