Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: [HELP!!!!] - Just Bought a new 21" - Phillips 201P
nForums.net > Support > Hardware
mcelb1200
Hey guys, just bought a new (secondhand) Phillips 201P GS3 CM25 21" Monitor, plugged it into my machine and can't seem to get resolutions above 60hz. This is a problem - I'm getting sick!

I'm pretty sure that I'm using the latest gfx card drivers atm. Anyone got any hacks that could solve the problem. (and don't say get a new vid card - it's a laptop!)

thanx guys

cheers

mcelb1200
Back2goode
What resolution are you running at? What type of vid card is it?
Firewiz
Make sure that in the Moitors section of the Properties>Settings>Advanced it says you are using that monitor, not a Generic one. If so you'll have to maybe install ini file for that monitor,
optomos
Your running a 21" on a laptop!!? I hate to say this but I dont think the Video card in that laptop can handle it, especially if its an older one.
Audiyoda
As I recall, many laptops cannot provide anything above 60Hz to their monitor outputs. I know my Sony is that way and the one we use at the studio is as well.
shanoballs
you might want to try this program called Powerstrip, it makes windows monitor/adapter properties very flexible, hope this helps
mcelb1200
Yeah, it's a trident crappy video card with a whopping 2.5mb ram.

I'm thinking I'm screwed. Will try powerstrip though, sounds like I might just be able to tweak something....

thanks guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.