Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: My clock (time) and overclocking speed
nForums.net > Support > Hardware
Firewiz
By any chance, when you OC your puter, does it effect the time clock (as in 9:30 a.m. clock) by speeding it up too??? I just noticed my clock was about 20 minutes fast or so???
judson70
nope ... the processor clock isn't the same as the system clock .... system clock is in the hardwired <sic> in the bios and is not adjustable it works the same as any electric clock using line sine wave frequency from the power supply or from a quartz crystal.

Peace
forbin
FW .. WinXP has the ability (Natively) to sync up with a time server. Go into the 'Date and Time' control panel and make sure you activate 'Internet Time'. It comes preconfigured with the Microsoft time server, There are others that you could use, but this one is fine. Maybe your firewall is preventing this from happening?
forbin
Oh .. FYI .. A slow clock could mean that your MB battery needs replacing ..
Jobefx
A slow clock could also mean a bad power supply. I think I read that sometimes overclocking can effect the clock, but it will only happen if you increase the voltage going to the MB from the power supply.

Jobefx
optomos
His clock is fast guys.....never heard of that bro,that boggles my mind blink.gif
forbin
My slow comment was just an fyi .. I will say that computer clocks are not the most accurate thing around which is why one should sync utilizing the Network Time Protocol (NTP Client is built into WinXP) .. It will keep your clock accurate
Firewiz
I might of fucked it up myself with some inadvertantly hitting some keys and mouse clicks! I did sync up with ms time server. Thanks all!~
Deepone
also maybe it had synced wrong somehow smile.gif but its solved now so no problems - its the main thing smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.