Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Novell Print Queue & ITC Swipecards
nForums.net > Support > Networking
Boss429
Free printing.

That is what i want.

I know it is possible cause another guy in my department does it but he calls it his secret. Well if he wont be tell me, then I will fin d out myself.

The printer is locted int eh \\NU_Tree\in130b.printer.nipu

it hits a print queue somehwere with software provided by ITC with swuipe cards with money or credits on them.

My colleague jsut click print and the job was immediately released to the printer, no he does not have a higer permission level or anything.

I have search teh Novel Connections area and found three instances of the printer, asnd connected to the towo i did have specifing the driver. Nothing.

Or is it simply a printer setting to change, like print directly to printer instead of spooling?

Please give yuor thoughts!

DutchKid
Can't you send a raw command to the printers IP? I used to know how to, but not anymore...
Boss429
I have done some deciphering and have come up that when i install the printer.. i have to change the in to out.. in represents the IN to the queue, while OUT is just OUT of the printer.

!W00H00 429th post!
optomos
do you know the printers IP adress? you need that. Our teacher showed us how to do this on the network but you need the IP of the printer your going to send to.
Boss429
I added a printer.. basically

i browsed to the tree with the printers ,chose the room, andinstalled it. because i installed in directly it didnt run itself through the netware server, thus not enter the print queue and printed to the printer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.