Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: how will the future childs grow ?
nForums.net > General > Philosophy
Deepone
Loosely translated, Kure Kure Takora means “Gimme Gimme Octopus” in English. In a nutshell, the main character is an Octopus who goes around shouting “Gimme! Gimme!” to other animals that have possessions that he wants. He and his best friend (a squash) are both in love with the same walrus. Together, the Octopus and the Squash fight the badger sheriff and iguanas to steal and plunder whatever suits their fancy.

Yes, you read that right. This show is batshit crazy.

And yet, it teaches children important lessons. Go out and take what you want. They warn about being too greedy, but essentially, the bad guys are anyone who stands in your way. This show doesn’t fill kids with the desire to save the spotted owl, or whatever endangered species is currently in vogue… it’s all about the now. Sure, Takora bites off more than he can chew in most episodes, but that’s what makes him so loveable- his drive, determination and desires. Don’t worry about right or wrong- know what you want and take it.

I think the show is fucking fantastic. The Simpsons do too. There’s a Kure Kure Takora homage in the episode where Homer’s head is an advertising slogan in Japan. Look for it at the beginning of the Mr. Sparkle ad parody.

from http://www.emptyfree.com/index.php?p=72&c=1

so.. what do you think, how will the childs be when they grow up and take rolemodel from this kind of character ?
Messenger
Aren't kids these days like that already? I see it all the time when at the shops and have done for at least the last 2 decades .... kids see someothing that they want and say

"mum, I want one" ....
Mum: "Not today dear, come on"
Kid: "I want one!"
Mum: "No, you have one already a home, come on"
Kid: "I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT!"
Mum then starts to lead child away .... kids legs suddenly turn to jelly ...
Kid: "AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH WHAAAAAAAAAHHHHH"

Mum then drags child across the shop floor by the arm just trying to get the little noisemaker out to the car where she can smack his/her ass without the do-gooders looking down on her in horror at her "child abuse".

The only difference between 2 decades ago and today (with kids behaviour) is that years ago, bystanders would actually WANT the parent to "Give that noisy whinging little kid a smack on the ass". Whereas today parents appear to have no right to discipline their own children, AND THE LITTLE BUGGERS KNOW IT! and act up according.

All that serious stuff said, those Japanese cartoons are so psychotic they are funny .... Gimme Gimme Octopus! .... hahaha ... wasn't that the name of a song once? ROFL! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.