Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: new game sys
nForums.net > Support > Hardware
Boss429
So far the poll indicates that i need a new computer...

This is what i am looking at.

AMD 3500+
ASUS A8V DELUXE
1gb ddr 400
SATA 200gb
70$ lian - li case
and a NOW I NEED A VIDEO CARD... Rdeon destroyed red posts below.

what does you think?

or..

one 74gig Raptor with a 200-250 gb ATA133 USB 2.0 enclusre for backups and extra storage. that way i can swap betwen desktop and laptop.

?
optomos
For the primary drive id go for the WD Raptor 10,000rpm sata. You want a fast drive considering your seek time for an average drive is 8.9 & the raptor being 4.5 for read & 5.9 for write. Thats plenty of memory,cpu; & so is the X800. PS, I saw the X800 at best buy for $199.
Boss429
well it seems the guys that has the card has become insane

He is going to destroy the card.. filimign it and posting it opn the ATI support forums!

So know i will have to find something to replace my Sapphire Radeon Atlantis 9000 Pro 128mb
Boss429
where in the world did you see a bestbuy with it at 199.....

I see it at 599 CDN or 399US

Messenger
QUOTE (Boss429 @ Nov 29 2004, 07:14 AM)

He is going to destroy the card.. filimign it and posting it opn the ATI support forums!

So know i will have to find something to replace my Sapphire Radeon Atlantis 9000 Pro 128mb

In gods name WHY!!!????!?? blink.gif
Did he have that many dramas with it the ONE TIME he used it that he feels he has to protest on the ATI forums? rolleyes.gif

Your mate sounds like f**king moron! dry.gif
Boss429
yeha i know it is insane! he wont even give it to his best frind my roomate.

Aparrently it is not the first time he goes and blows his money on stuff.

I am told he bouthg a 1500$ DELL computer so he could smashit on his driveay with a hammer and tape the whole thing.
optomos
QUOTE (Boss429 @ Nov 29 2004, 03:18 AM)
where in the world did you see a bestbuy with it at 199.....

I see it at 599 CDN or 399US

I walked into the best buy localy & was pricing the cards when I happen to see it at 199. I asked the guy about it because the 9800xt was more than that. He said he guessed that it was on sale but now that im thinking about it, some nob might have but the wrong price on it. The sale tag clearly game the description of the card and the price.......will have to go back & check it out.

*update*

My bad...Ive had a cold for the past week & when I went in I was kinda out of it. What I saw was the x700 not the x800 so that explains the price.
Boss429
ahh,.. and the X700 is PCIx right?
optomos
QUOTE (Boss429 @ Nov 29 2004, 05:18 PM)
ahh,.. and the X700 is PCIx right?

yep.
SailCat
Hey, Boss-

Socket 939 is definitely the way to go, but have you considered that PCI-E boards are arriving momentarily? While there's no short-term advantage (PCI-E and AGP 8X offer comparative performance currently), it offers a better upgrade path at a similar cost.

~SC
Boss429
I see that, SC, Your right.

But I dont think i Can find the Performance for the priuce if i can get the X800 AGP 256 mb card.... its hasnt been destroyed yet.. i feel like im trying to talk a jumper out of jumping.

So until it is smashed...

But if it does get that way I maqy consider the ASUS SLI board with too PCIe NVidia 6600gt 128mb
SailCat
I maqy consider the ASUS SLI board with too PCIe NVidia 6600gt 128mb

That'd have me droolin' ....

I have to upgrade before the end of the year (for the tax write-off0 so have an Intel system spec't out with a single 16x PCI-E slot (the only option at this time). Abit offers some hot options for the LGA-775 socket with their 3rd Eye boards, like overclocking on-the-fly through Windows(!) rather than dropping to the BIOS. The eye candy doesn't suck, either.
user posted image

Keep us updated on what you decide to do!

~SC
optomos
Whats the difference between the Newcastle & Winchester AMD 64?
boxcrash
QUOTE (Boss429 @ Nov 29 2004, 07:14 AM)

That sucks,

Hey, thats the exact card(Sapphire Radeon Atlantis 9000 Pro 128mb) I have in my workstation.... wink.gif dry.gif sad.gif unsure.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif

and..........
But if it does get that way I maqy consider the ASUS SLI board with too PCIe NVidia 6600gt 128mb

That is very cool, thats what I want but dual SLI 6800 GT Ultras....(dreams, dreams....)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.