Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Help needed please !!
nForums.net > Support > Video & Audio
Pootang
I have got a movie in four seperate mpeg files, how would I go about burning it onto a dvd so that it would play on a standard dvd player ?
The first 3 files are about 1gb each and the last is 360mb.

The film was originally ripped from a dvd but there are .VOB files missing to burn it properly using nero, But the actual movie is complete in the mpeg files !

unsure.gif
Messenger
I use DVDIt! PE or WinDVD Creator for creating any DVDs from my own movie files. The first came with Adobe Premiere, and the second I got free with my motherboard. Both are extremely easy to use
forbin
I don't have practical experience .. but I would think you need to join the 4 files into 1 (Many programs that do this .. Usually have 'Joiner' in the filename) .. Then use WinAVI or DVD Santa for any conversions and Nero for the burning ..

Sorry for being at 20,000 feet, but I've only gone the other way .. from DVD to avi or rmvb
Messenger
QUOTE (forbin @ Dec 23 2004, 12:10 AM)
I don't have practical experience .. but I would think you need to join the 4 files into 1 (Many programs that do this .. Usually have 'Joiner' in the filename) .. Then use WinAVI or DVD Santa for any conversions and Nero for the burning ..

Sorry for being at 20,000 feet, but I've only gone the other way .. from DVD to avi or rmvb

Both the programs I listed allow you to simply drag and drop the files onto the "storyboard" so they just play one after the other in sequence ... no need to join them up. VOB files once on the DVD are limited to 1Gb anyways. You could also use these breaks in files as default chapters - or set your own - so that you can jump to a point in the movie via scene selection rather than fast forwarding for 10 mins from the start each time biggrin.gif
Pootang
I'll try and aquire these programs you talk about Messenger and give it a whirl !
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.