Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Video conversion... making DVD
nForums.net > Support > Video & Audio
Rogue Znowman
Hey.
I've got the first season of "Father of the Pride" on my computer, and I'd like to throw it on a DVD.
Here are the video specs:

ENCODE iNFORMATION
ViDEO: XviD at 1004 kbps
AUDiO: MP3 142kbps 2ch 48khz
ASPECT RATIO: 16:9
RESOLUTiON: 624x352
FRAME RATE: 23.97602 fps

I tried using Adobe Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements, and Encore DVD.
The problem is that these programs require a video resolution of 720x480, 720x486, or 704x480.

Does anyone know a way around this?
All I'm trying to do is create a DVD with a simple menu that will let you select which episode to watch.
Awai
well i hope you've got a pretty fast computer mate cos the bad news is that your looking at at some rendering. open premiere and start a new NTSC project... drop the video into the time line and it'll draw a nice red bar over the top of the project. make sure you've got the kettle ready, preview the start and end if you want to crop things off the orginal file length. move the render bar over ~10frames by zooming in. hit enter and wait for those 10 frames to render. have a look at the result in the video monitor and see if you like it. it'll either be slightly streched or it'll be sat inside a black box. you can resize the video to fill the screen keeping the aspect ratio correct if you want.

then once your sure you happy extend the render bar over the whole section, grab your kettle, then whack enter and leave the comp to it. once finished export to mpeg2 if you trust premiere or export to .avi and make your mpeg2 assets using tmpeg.

Awai.
Sproutme
Canopus procoder should do the trick. So far its the best tool to convert from diferent sources to mpeg2 format.
Awai
^mr sprout is right that'll be the best one click-ish solution... costs a fair whack tho :|
Rogue Znowman
Thanks for the help guys, I'll see what I can put together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.