Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Backing up HDD
nForums.net > Support > Hardware
Rogue Znowman
Hey.
I bought a new 120GB for my already-modded xbox.
Now I need to copy the stuff from the old 80GB to the new drive.
Having never copied a HDD of this size before, I was wondering what the best method would be...?
File structure has to stay intact, of course.
Messenger
These links MAY help
:http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-8.html
:http://www.copying-xbox-games.com/tutorials.php?tutorialid=00000032

All depends on what sort of modchip/dashboard you're running ... lots of info on google though
Rogue Znowman
It's an xbox 1.0
modded with an xecuter 2.3 lite

I was banned from xbox LIVE because one day I forgot the chip was still on.
I replaced the eeprom file, which worked... but I was banned again 24hours later.
What I need is a new HDD, new eeprom, and I'll create a new LIVE account.
I've got the new eeprom ready to go, and have purchased the new HDD. Now I just need to copy the data so I can swap the hard drives.

I'll check out those links, thanks.
Saint26
I don't know much about the xbox, but can't you just ghost the drive?
Rogue Znowman
Probably, but I've never done it before.
Which means I have to go get Norton Ghost...
Saint26
nevermind.
Rogue Znowman
New question:

I unlocked the 80GB HDD in the xbox, removed it, designated it as a slave drive, and placed it in my PC. When I boot up, it doesn't show the drive under My Computer, or even in Norton Ghost. Any idea why? Is it because there's a 'C' drive on the HDD? Is it conflicting with my master 120GB HDD?

I can't ghost it if I can't see it! sad.gif
Rogue Znowman
The 'Device Manager' lists it and says "the device is working properly", but it doesn't actually appear on my computer... wtf?
Saint26
This usually happens due to jumper settings.

Make sure that you have jumpers on both drives set properly. ie. one drive as master and the other as slace. Don't leave them to cable select.
Rogue Znowman
QUOTE (Rogue Znowman @ Mar 3 2005, 01:15 AM)
I unlocked the 80GB HDD in the xbox, removed it, designated it as a slave drive, and placed it in my PC. 
lokal
Does your bios report the drive correctly?
Rogue Znowman
I think so.
When I boot up, it lists both master and slave devices present.
lokal
I'm not familiar with xbox at all, but I googled the problem. Someone else had the same issues, he managed to get the drive recognized in windows by moving the drive to the master postion on the secondary ide.
Rogue Znowman
Cool, I'll give that a try. Thanks.
Rogue Znowman
No Dice. sad.gif

The bios recognises it, and the device manager says it's fine, but windows doesn't see it.
One thing... in the device manager where it lists the drives on the hard disk, it doesn't show any. (?)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.