Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: #@$@ !@*& CONNECTION
nForums.net > General > Whatcha Got Bitch!
Boss429
Well as I know I shouldnt complain cause technically in the residence this is free internet, so rules and regs, but free.

OH my f@#%. They close ports or rather stealth them on the server so that a simple ftp request can be sent but no reply from the residence, or school, except via the computer lab!

f#@%*&'s wont even let me download drivers and shit that is important. It is because of stupid p2p filesharers, that just sit on all the time and leech as well, they are a big reason why thos ports are inaccessible to everyone.

I mean they wouldnt be as bad, if the users got the bloody file then disconnected and exited, but know most think that if they click the 'x' in the top it is closed and no worries, when it is running minimized in the systray!

I get called all over the residence buildign fixing computers, a matter of fact some people are starting to compete, and they are the ppl that still come to me to fix there problems. Almost everyone i fix, i see iMESH, KAZAA, KAZAA LITE, kazaa kp++, ARES, etc and what other hundreds there may be. most just have an anti virus, which is usually not uptodate, and those that do, cant understand how a virus got on there computer, cause they dont know what a firewall is. Considering that most of the worms from the recnt ongoing battle, search for ports in the range of those clients specifically.

Either through my job at the uni next year, I will give my mac the direct t1 or what ever connection that is on the 204.x.x.x addy line or i will convince my res mates to go to cogeco 3mb cable modem. then they cannot restrict our ups and downloads per day like res. i think they have a 15gig transfer a month. Maybe even the business line if we get some more peeps!@

Well here is hoping I get to work on the schools server next year, to learn hwo this process works, and where i can get more for less!

hopefully i am not sounding tomuch like a direlect
Songi
makes me so glad i have cable and download as much as i want with little problems, don't worry boss, u'll be home in a month.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.