Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: looking to buy a High End Camcorder
nForums.net > Support > Video & Audio
dInferno
I'm considering purchasing a high end camcorder. I have been looking at the canon GL2 and XL2 for some time now.

My max budget is around $5000 US, which is what the XL2 runs for.

any thoughts?

Thanks
Audiyoda
You've already said it - Canon XL2 is as good as it gets right now. Just got two for the studio about a month ago - my GAWD it's night and day over the XL1s we have - and that's saying something. We've also got two GL2's - those might start collecting a lot of dust.
Awai
i've always had a personal thing against the shape and design of the cannons (its just an imo tho) they seem okay when your do handheld stuff or on the shoulder but as soon as i mount it on a tripod or on a stready cam it seems un balanced.

i use a couple of sony PD170's myself in the studio and have completed projects for the various blue chip companies using them. my advice is find a friendly retailer with a studio on the premises and go for a couple of hours and have a good play with both cameras. also have a chat with the retailers experts too explaining what you want to do, where your planning to use the camera etc...

good luck and welcome to the world of prosumer video!

biggrin.gif

Awai.
dInferno
Thanks guys!

I'll look into those sony's before I make any decision
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.