Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Kick in the arse.
nForums.net > Information & Services > Suggestions & Help
iBarc0de
This place crawls compared to what it used too.

Pity too...

Some suggestions:

Open up more of the private area... that will attract people.

Actually get the IRC channel back up and invite people.

Create a tutorials database (downloadable).

Create a software index.

Put some catchy words and configure a robots.txt file.

Update IPB or move away to something more developed as this version is heavily outdated. Thus huge security holes.

Create a custom individual skin that doesn't make the forum look generic.

After all this ask your members nicely to help increase traffic here by putting a button in their signature on other forums.

Link exchange with a few more sites.

Open up some art competitions etc.

Just a "small" list of suggestions.
DutchKid
If I only had some time to do just some of all that...

*me thinks he needs to resign to give others a chance*
wizzard
QUOTE (DutchKid @ Apr 28 2005, 08:21 AM)

*me thinks he needs to resign to give others a chance*

user posted image
PimpScourge
BM's absence certainlty has slowed things down... sad.gif
Awai
yeah sad to say that i think a lot of the old school have moved on with their lives a whole lot...other things have taken greater priorities.

i still try my best to answer any questions in the video/audio forums which i'm supposed to mod but i just dont have the time to make the tutorials and posts that i had when i was employed 12+ months ago...self employment has really sapped my time and my energy. The comments krip/iBarc0de makes are all valid but sadly we dont seem to have the time to implement them.

sad.gif

Awai.
Radnoken
How about finding/promting someone to help you. Im sure there is someone here quite capable of lending you a hand doing more stuff for the board.
iBarc0de
QUOTE (Radnoken @ Apr 30 2005, 06:12 AM)
How about finding/promting someone to help you. Im sure there is someone here quite capable of lending you a hand doing more stuff for the board.

Radnoken...

Remember the early days, where you used to host the IRC webscript on your own home connection for us wink.gif

Ahh... what was that old channel called i can't remember. And firstof9 made the scripts.

lol.

Check your PM.
Radnoken
QUOTE (iBarc0de @ May 1 2005, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (Radnoken @ Apr 30 2005, 06:12 AM)
How about finding/promting someone to help you.  Im sure there is someone here quite capable of lending you a hand doing more stuff for the board.

Radnoken...

Remember the early days, where you used to host the IRC webscript on your own home connection for us wink.gif

Ahh... what was that old channel called i can't remember. And firstof9 made the scripts.

lol.

Check your PM.

Private msg? I see no PM's here. ????

And have my own webhosting company now. Woot!!!!

The IRC channel is always available. We just had another little network change. Ill make a new topic on that information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.