Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: getting around blocked ports...
nForums.net > Support > Networking
Boss429
alright, seems the residence here has blocked off all port except 80.

Thus it is my window. If I get a PROXY program such as hopster things will work. I dont like hopster as it is limited. BYPASS from bypass.cc is another good one, but I dont wanna pay.

So I need to either tunnel out of the network or use a proxy idea. since they have left me port 80, we not utilize that window. Send all my traffic redirected through it.

So would this be simply forwarding any and all port requests that are sent out through my computer to travel in and out of port 80.

Well, since i believe data is sent out fine, but cannot reach my computer, that must mean that the port is stealth or that the server has no port forwarding.

This is where a proxy server would help. if i can relay all data from ports to port 80, this hits the proxy server which will, use the correct ports to get the data, then relay it back to me using port 80 i have beaten the system. right?

But how to do this.

Doing it without a proxy server in the middle would be easier. so then would a daemon of sorts on my local computer be needed as an intereprter. and if so, how to create one, quickly and efficiently.

The next step is an ethical one. Do i implement such a systerm? and if so, would or should i allow others the same utilization of the port 80 as I have. IF so, then there is increased traffic on the port, reducing speed, and creating a major bottleneck. this bottle neck can do one of two things, either alert the sys admin of the greatly increased port 80 traffic, or cause the entire system to be stopped for "maintenance"
If only I use the system, then I will be faced with helping others or hiding the fact cause I am protecting the system from overexposurer. IE, the less that know about it the better kept secret.

Please anyone with ideas, or suggestions, i would greatly value any information you can shine on this matter.

DK, i have talked to you before on the port issue, so you may recall some of the previous issues. starting from a few ports gone, to all ports (omit 80)
Kilroy
There is no way around it unless you have Admin Privlages. Become a network Admin at the College & then you can; or befriend an Admin that will open some ports for you.
Boss429
http tunneling?

there is always a way....

there has to be
amc
Do you have access to a machine on the outside of your network? If so you can use something like this to tunnel through your proxy on port 80.

hxxp://www.nocrew.org/software/httptunnel.html
amc
Or this one:

hxxp://www.htthost.com/download.boa
Boss429
hmm
i couldnt get the first link to work,
i D|Led the second earlier but i havent tried it yet.

i know Cogeco had a proxy, on their network i know the port was 8080.

i can get the proxy would that help? downside is the port 8080.

suggestsions?
dewey999
Try the proxy's here: hxxp://www.samair.ru/proxy/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.