Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: The Musician
nForums.net > General > Philosophy
Janie
I have a friend in Genoa. He's a musician, and I believe one of the rare extremely gifted souls of our time. Hell, of any time. Soon he will be working on soundtracks for films. Or hopefully because that is his dream. His music reaches right inside me and plays from within. I wrote this for him today. He said it brought tears to his eyes.

I wonder if those with such a gift ever do realize how they touch people, or if they just compose and play what is in them?

The Musician

The woman laid in the leaves of fall.

Daylight sun shining down upon her, her soul as parched as the dried leaves.

His music came as a sparkling creek, weaving around her.

Quenching her and bringing life to the sleeping.

Filling her until it overflowed in tears.

Her eyes opened and shone with the music.

The woman rose and, arms wrapped around herself, she slowly turned into the sun.

Turning a circle the music opened her arms to the world.

The wind and leaves blowing about her she felt the touch of God within her.

Seeing him in the distance she approached the musician.

Palms touching, he filled her with his talent.

He watched his music brought to life in her laughter and tears,

The woman danced under the starlight, eyes shining.

She had seen the Face of God.

She had felt the Grace of God.

She danced, her soul shining with the music's light.

He never knew how his music enchanted her.

He only felt the music that he made.

To Fede

il Musicista

La donna ha collocato nei congedi di caduta. Il sole di luce del giorno brillando giù su lei, la sua anima il suo come parched come i congedi secchi. La sua musica è venuta come un che la scintillando insenatura, tessendo intorno lei. Soddisfare lei e la vita di portare al dormire. Riempire lei finché ha inondato nelle lacrime. Guarda aperto e brillato con la musica.

La donna sorto e, i braccii hanno avvolto intorno sé, è diventata lentamente il sole. Girare un cerchio che la musica ha aperto riforne al mondo. Il vento ed i congedi soffiando di lei ha sentito il tocco di Dio entro lei. Vedere lui nella distanza ha avvicinato il musicista. Le palme toccando, l'ha riempita col suo talento. Ha guardato la sua musica portata alla vita nelle sue risa e le sue lacrime,

La donna ha ballato sotto lo starlight, gli occhi brillando. Aveva visto la Faccia di Dio. Aveva sentito la Grazia di Dio. Ha ballato, la sua anima brilla con la luce della musica. Non ha mai saputo come la sua musica ha incantato lei. Ha sentito soltanto la musica che ha fatta.

A Fede
Streetwise
Beautiful. I get high on music sometimes. Listening to music of the past is the best way to bring back my old memories. And I don't need any ecstasy pills. Just turn on some good ol' rock 'n roll when I'm on the dancing floor and I'm in a trance.
Janie
I get taken away with music too. Here's a place you can hear parts of the music from Fede's new cd if you want to. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/federicofasce
Streetwise
Not bad at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.