Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: question about video
nForums.net > Support > Video & Audio
Songi
hey guys. i'm here at the parents house, visiting them for the holidays. some of my friends are getting into world of warcraft, so i figured i'd join them.

now comes the problem. only computers here are old school crap. there is one computer that meets the min of the game, but alas the videocard does not. I got a new card for christmas and was planning to throw it in, but no slots. the computer in question only has on board video.

so my question is, is there any ways to fool the computer or programs( such as world of warcraft ) into believing that this onboard video is a 32 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ 2 class card or above?

any programs or such that might do this? if i'm not clear enough i'll try to clear it up, but help would be great.

the onboard video is the sis 740 chip set. i have the 6.14 version, i have direct x 9.0c installed and all the tests from dxdiag work fine. but it keeps telling me wow can't load up 3d acceleration, even though as far as i know, from what i've read online it should.

thanks guys.
Messenger
In a word .... no

In 2 words .... absolutely not biggrin.gif

And even if it were possible, the best you could expect would be about 1 frame per second as the SIS 740 (as with most onboard video) contains little to no 3D acceleration.
Songi
ah. well thanks. i didn't really think it was all that possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.