Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Debates section or subforum
nForums.net > Information & Services > Suggestions & Help
Pikaporeon
I was thinking maybe a debate section where I can argue with artzelda I mean, the board can engage in discussion would help this place.

We could either make it its own forum, or a Subforum of Whatcha gotta bitch? (actually, the bitching forum may work better as a subforum of debates)

any thoughts?
Bearsland
QUOTE(Pikaporeon @ Mar 10 2006, 08:06 PM)
I was thinking maybe a debate section where I can argue with artzelda I mean, the board can engage in discussion would help this place.

We could either make it its own forum, or a Subforum of Whatcha gotta bitch? (actually, the bitching forum may work better as a subforum of debates)

any thoughts?

There's not really a need for a sub-forum in the bitchin' section. We have all agreed that anything said in there stays in there.

Quite a few bad rows have gone on in there; it's what the section is for. I've had a few rowdy moments in there, as have folks like ArtZ, but it really does stay in there. I might not agree with Art's opinion on certain topics, (although I do on others), but that's ok; that's how it should be. I still consider the guy (and any other whom I've argued with in there) a friend and that's how it should be, and always will be.

I reckon you can start any war, with anyone you like in there and, as long as it stays in there, it should all be good. Art loves a good argument, (and no-one can deny he does fight his corner well) it's one of the reasons we all love him. wink.gif diablo.gif
Pikaporeon
I know what you mean, but not all debates are all out bitchfests.
You cant say
"Whatcha gotta bitch"
'Whats your stance on abortion?"

It would instead be
"Whatcha gotta bitch"
"I hate people who condone abortion / I hate these idiot prolife people who dont get it / etc"
Bearsland
QUOTE(Pikaporeon @ Mar 10 2006, 10:59 PM)
I know what you mean, but not all debates are all out bitchfests.
You cant say
"Whatcha gotta bitch"
'Whats your stance on abortion?"

It would instead be
"Whatcha gotta bitch"
"I hate people who condone abortion / I hate these idiot prolife people who dont get it / etc"

I see your point.

I suppose it wouldn't do any harm, as long as people remember to keep it 'clean' and remember that many 'touchy' subjects that may start out as a debate can very quickly degenerate into a bitchfest. grrr.gif

That said, I personally have no objections whatsoever to anything that gets a discussion going. I'm sure Pimp will do the necessary and get you your debating section as soon as he is able.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.