Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: IE6 and Windows Media Player 10 problem
nForums.net > Support > Video & Audio
artzelda
IE 6 crashes every time I try to play streaming video from the web and Media player crashes whenever I try to play .wmv files. I beleive these two problems are related because IE6 and WMP are interrelated and web video is usually a .wmv file. Can anyone tell me what to do? I have checked all my settings in IE6 and WMP and they all allow video to be played directly from the web.
artzelda
Since IE6 and WMP10 play other file formats I did a thorough seach for conflicts and found the culprit. Theoretica codecs conflict with all versions of IE and WMP. I unistalled the theoretica codecs and everything works fine now.
Awai
excellent nice police work - my ie has been crashing on virtually every youtube et al type link over the last few months its suddenly cleared up in the last couple of weeks though...shal take a look at the codecs i have installed and see if the theoretica one is amongst them...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.