Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Unreadable HD...
nForums.net > Support > Hardware
The_Ro
A few weeks ago, I bought a new HD, a 320 GB WD3200JB Caviar from Western Digital. Unfortunately, when I tried to install it, my motherboard broke. Now I got a new motherboard, and I put the new HD in, with my 2 old ones, and moved all my files to the new, big one. Everything looked good, all files were on the big HD, and I formatted the 2 others.

Now here is the problem. After formatting my old HD, I restarted the computer, and when wondows loaded again, I could no longer acces the new one. It shows in Disk Management as Dynamic - Unreadable. This is a problem, since EVERYTHING on my computer has been moved to that one... I might be able to make it work by partitioning it and formating again, but that would mean loosing all my files, some of which cannot be replaced...

Does anyone know of a way to make it work again, or atleast recover the files? If I can just get them back on the old HDs, I can format, and everything will be fine, but as long as I cannot open the HD, I cannot get the files out sad.gif

Any help would be greatly appriciated...
Ratrap
"Western Digital"

That's my problem too! WD sux ...

I've lost all my files months afo, everyone tried to help me here, i try to remember...:

- Repair the "mbr" or rewrite it.
- Use a HDD diagnostic tool

That did not work for me, but maybe ... tongue.gif

P.S. MBR = Master boot record or something like that tongue.gif

Ah here ... : http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?swid=1

Chose "WD Caviar SE - 7200 RPM"
The_Ro
I went there already, got the diagnostics, and it says everything is fine... Windows says it cannot acces the HD at all, and I say goodbye to 100 GB of files, handpicked, and some impossible to replace sad.gif sad.gif
Ratrap
Try knoppix. Burn on CD boot.
dInferno
I would also suggest knoppix.
The_Ro
I'll try it when I get back from Thailand... Going there for 14 days, then I come back to my crappy life here, and I will try to fix this sh*t tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.