Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: MP3 Backup
nForums.net > Support > Video & Audio
wizzard
How do i make a back up CD copy of all my MP3 Folders, with the MP3 files included.
Which prog should i use, and when backing up with the individual folders will my car MP3 player will be able to read the files inside the folders?.

Or if there are better ways to copy MP3 as MP3 files.

thanks
Sproutme
Not shure about your car player but for bacing up MP3 you could make and ISO file with WinIso program.Basicly you drag as many as you want mp3 folders and files in to winiso program and then make an Iso file out of them.Iso is standard cd image and any cd recording program could burn it.
Hopefuly thats what you looking for.
phish
Some MP3 players can't detect many folders.
Awai
^ sadly phish is right - only certain mp3players will recognise a folder structure on a disk. You'll be wanting to check if it supports this first - alternatively i'm more or less certain that most in car players can recognise a disk full of unorganised mp3s so you could just dump the lot into the root of the disk and play them that way - as this doesnt lend itself kindly to tidy storage this might not appeal to you.

The iPod (and probably most other large mp3 storage devices) will recognise folders and folder structues so this might be a better long term solution to the problem of backing up the mp3's.

Awai.
PimpScourge
I burn my CD's as Joliet, Mode 1 format and both my car stereo and portable mp3-cd players read and navigate folders fine. They have restrictions on the number of folders, but it's not like you're gonna have 200 folders in one CD.
Awai
but it's not like you're gonna have 200 folders in one CD.

muhahaha - biggrin.gif just kidding... ^good advice pimp...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.