Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: lan-parties
nForums.net > General > Chit-Chat
Deepone
Just wondering if you guys participate on any ones, and what kind of thoughts you have on them smile.gif My own position ? In the council of one of the clubs arranging them... =)
Slace
QUOTE(Deepone @ May 7 2007, 07:52 AM)
Just wondering if you guys participate on any ones, and what kind of thoughts you have on them smile.gif My own position ? In the council of one of the clubs arranging them... =)

I've been to a couple in my time, don't really do them any more.
I hardly play games these days, and the internet is fast enough to surfice any other need for going to a lan party tongue.gif

That and an all nighter really fucks you around for the following week of work!
Bdn
QUOTE(Slace @ May 19 2007, 08:32 AM)
QUOTE(Deepone @ May 7 2007, 07:52 AM)

I've been to a couple in my time, don't really do them any more.
I hardly play games these days, and the internet is fast enough to surfice any other need for going to a lan party tongue.gif

That and an all nighter really fucks you around for the following week of work!

Almost the same minus that last sentance.

I attended a 200 person one every month, was fun but it's no longer happening anymore.
Deepone
well I've noticed it is more fun when one actually sleeps enough there smile.gif Have been attending the parties from Lanita, usually there are some 20-50 people at lans. Just some time ago I was working in gaming team of organizers of Assembly Winter. Was much fun even if I didn't really have time to do anything else besides work =)
on a sidenote, anyone planning to come for Assembly Summer-demoparties ? They aint that much about gaming but the demo's.. oh boy those are just awesome.
FXP7
agree..LAN parties were cool...back when..the internet sucks..but not its fast enough..and no good games to LAN with anymore...IMO
Slace
There was a 2000 person lan party here once, went to that (was my 1st one too) and it was ok, had more fun at the smaller ones, mainly cuz I'm not a great gamer. Ok, but nothing very good tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.