Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: HELP with torrent downloads...pls
nForums.net > General > Chit-Chat
Streetwise
I don't know where this belongs but since I've got a router my torrent downloads have slowed down tremendously. I use Bitcomet with Vista. I've added the listening port of bitcomet to the router and Windows firewall. I've also opened the supposedly fast ports 6881-6889 in both and in my desperation I've allowed telnet to my computer in the router. To no avail. HELP before I throw the whole network out of the window and install my good old puter again.
artzelda
If youir router comes with a built in firewall you don't need the Windows firewall. If you have 128 encryption on your router you most likely have a built in firewall. The Belkin routers are all with built-in firewalls. Is this what you have?
If you use Windows firewall with the built in firewall it will s----l----o----w you down alot.
Streetwise
I've got a firewalled router. I'll disable the firewall of Windows and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip.
Bearsland
Ah yes, the ol' Windows Firewall...

user posted image
Streetwise
Lol for a moment I thought this was your new sig.
Deepone
lol that is indeed quite funny pic - with the text it would be fitting into jokes&laughter well =D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.