Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: cookies
nForums.net > Support > Software
PimpScourge
I have to login everytime I come to the boards, and topics that I already read are marked as unread. Anyone having the same probs?
Blue_Muppet
nope...but ill take a look for you mate, see if i can fix it smile.gif
metroid010
yeah, i got the same problem
Songi
no problem here.
spidermanx
Im not having the Log-in problem, but I am having the Read/Unread topics problem, I was just going to post about this, good thing I saw this first smile.gif

but yea, whenever I come here, the topics ive read it says i havnt, and i need to refresh....
Blue_Muppet
well, i've updated all the cookies, and it should be fixed now. let me know if it is not, also, check your browser setting guys smile.gif v1.3 runs a little different from older versions methinks smile.gif
TWINE006
Logs in automatically fine for me. However, the topic thing is still a little iffy. Some topics register as read while others don't for me. Dunno... *goes to play with Internet Privacy settings*
PimpScourge
Please delete your cookies from this site (link is in the main page) and try again. I tweaked some board settings and things are now working for me (login and new posts). smile.gif
Wiener3
No problems here - login & read/unread topics seeme to work fine.
TWINE006
Everything works ok now after following Pimp's advice. Thanks man.
metroid010
hmm...
it still doesnt' work for me
Blue_Muppet
hmmm...and you've tried clearing your browser cache? log out, get rid of all cookies, then resart your browser and log in again.

this seems to be fixed now, so im thinking the problem is on your end. are you behind a router?
metroid010
still don't work, and i am behind a router, and also have zonealarm (use it for the popup blocker)
i turned off zonealarm and tried it, and still doesn't work
PimpScourge
turn cookie control off in the privacy tab of ZA (just to be sure).

Which browser are u using?
metroid010
cookies are already off and i'm using IE
Blue_Muppet
hmmm...maybe something in the port forwarding of your router?
metroid010
well, the same problem i found out happens to me on another invision board, but is fine with the temp board...
metroid010
and there's nothing int he port forwarding
Blue_Muppet
hmmm...whats the other boards IPB version?

im thinking again its a browser problem now, although im stumped as to what it is...

MOVING TO SOFTWARE SUPPORT

metroid010
1.3 final
and sorry for the double post earlier, no edit button
Timelapse
Hey, sorry I missed this when I posted... make sure you're going to www.nforums.net/board/ rather than any other address... that fixed it for me.

TL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.