Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Bought Battlefield Vietnam
nForums.net > Support > Gaming
Firewiz
Got it at Best Buy for 34.99 (U.S.)....

so far I love it!
TWINE006
I'm debating between buying Vietnam, UT, or Splinter Cell : Pandora Tommorow (when it comes out)... yes I know, I know; buy them all... but I'm too cheap and conservative. I recently played the retail version of this game. I must say that I am impressed. The graphics are quite nice at max settings and present little lag. The gameplay is made even better from BF 1942 by the addition of helicopters and much more powerful infantry weaponry (no more taking a full AR clip to kill a single enemy... M60 baby!). My only gripe is the rather unpolished release (which brings back memories from the release of 1942). People continue to complain about audio bugs that are similar to those found in BF 1942. Also, the net code seems a bit unstable. I find net lag all too common (and it's not my gfx card or whatever... singleplayer ran pretty seamlessly) in the more populated servers. Nonetheless, the pyrotechnics in this game look friggin great. Explosions look a lot more realistic this time around. Napalm bursts? Hell yes... I just can't figure out which game I want to buy. All well... I suppose I'll goand buy either BF Vietnam or UT this weekend.
Firewiz
Ive got the graphics maxed out on the 9800xt.....not a prob! I only played on a couple of servers, and it seemed pretty flawless!
BibleBasher666
Buy Splinter Cell 2.

I really didn't enjoy BF Vietnem as much as the original. There are way to many problems.
Masked Muffin
I did a massive post on my local tournament boards, but basically i found there are a LOT of balance issues and varying bugs with different hardware.

However it IS fun, i suggest trying it first, and when you do, DONT USE THE M60

It gives an unfair view of the way the game should be.
DutchKid
It's ok, but I got a big ass bug in the rendering. Sometimes it clutters up the screen with what looks like untextured polygons...
Slace
i heard that it had some major bugs to do with the 9800xt's

as for my verdict... hmmm its a hard one. I like the game play over that of 1942, its much faster paced which I like, and its way better than DC (I really hated that mod tongue.gif).

if I had the money I'm think more seriously about buying it, but I don't tongue.gif
Firewiz
Well it still hasnt had 1 flaw or crash with my 9800xt!

There are so balance problems for teams, but it make it all the more challenging!

i always love when a new game comes out...takes a bit for all the fucking hacks to get mainstream!
Songi
I hear that the american side is more powerful then the other side. The only good think the other side has is the ak-47. Also for the american side i hear theres no point being any other class besides a heavy weapons guy or to a lesser extent a sniper.
TWINE006
QUOTE (Songi @ Mar 21 2004, 12:18 AM)
I hear that the american side is more powerful then the other side. The only good think the other side has is the ak-47. Also for the american side i hear theres no point being any other class besides a heavy weapons guy or to a lesser extent a sniper.

It is pretty tipped in favor of the US... IMO. The M60 is cheapness to the max (heavy weapons)... but all well. I'll still play as a VC any day with my trusty AK and still come out of the game in the top 3 (one thing I've noticed is a large percentage of complete BF-n00bs, lol). However, it's kind of balanced... because, from what I've seen, a lot of people that play on the US side suck out right (don't ask me why, lol). Most of the time, they just fly their choppers around aimlessly and don't help out the team (which means only 1-3 US players actually play the game, lol). As for sniping, I don't care too much for it in this game. To hit anything, you need luck, be prone, have a completely stationary target. And even then, minor server lag sometimes screws you over.
Masked Muffin
It's not so much the M60, but the fact that you can carry a FUCKING GRENADE LAUNCHER with it

Or a LAW

Give it a medkit and you'd never kill it :|
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.