Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Michael Jackson
nForums.net > General > Entertainment
bloodshot
Your thoughts on this crazed celebrity?

I think he made some great music but has turned into a much-hated loon.
Rogue Znowman
Whacko-Jacko is done.
I don't care how popular he is. He's certifiable.

Imagine if he was not a famous singer.
Imagine he was just some black guy,
- who had surgury after surgery,
- who now looks like a plastic white freak,
- who wears a glove on one hand,
- and a mask over his face to protect him from "germs",
- and has little boys sleep in his ben with him, and feeds the boys wine...
- and doesn't believe there's anthing wrong with his behaviour.

Well, you get the picture.
He's definitely getting the soft treatment by society because of his fame and fortune.
Bearsland
Well, I used to think he was a genius. Always a bit strange, but that seems to be part of the genius makeup. He was and still is a master in his methods of handling the media, the press and even his fans.

Anyway, now I think he's lost it completely and is now just a complete nutter. RZ sums up most of it. Should be remembered that this is not his latest scandal. He almost dropped his (?) child from a 60 up window (publicity stunt ?) and the last time he was investigated for alleged child abuse his lawyers managed to get an out of court settlement.

Anyway, I personally think as a free citizen, he should be able to do what he likes with his face, money, wives, etc... Unfortunately that all goes out the window where his messing with kids is involved. If he is found guilty this time, I hope they throw away the key.

~Bear

captbics
I think he was a genius at his peak back in the 80's...made some really good music and music videos and pushed the envelope...but the line between genius and insanity is a fine one...and he crossed over when he started having sleepovers with kids.

captbics
TWINE006
I never liked his music even in it's day (completely wrong genre for me. But, I think he was very good at what he did. He was and will always be a musical legend. But he's the only black man I've seen beome a white woman. Sure, freedom freedom freedom. I'm not saying that all the things he's done to his face are morally wrong or whatever, but they just add to his wierd-o-meter. He was charged with child molestation or something a few years ago and the law was specifically changed because he got away with it... and now he's at it again. I hope they find him guilty and I hope he goes to jail for what he did. If the fact that he is rich and famous has any effect on the outcome of his trial or whatnot... then the legal system of the USA is even more broken than previously thought (which could be different depending on your point of view). These people don't deserve special treatment or get legal priveledges just because they give us entertainment.
Streetwise
I'm not defending Michael Jackson or anything. What he's been doing is impossible to defend; an ordinary guy would have been locked up a long time ago. But let's not forget how old MJ was when he made his 1st hit with the Jackson Five. Success can get into the head of the most sober people. Michael Jackson has been living in front of cameras since he was a kid. He never had a normal youth. I'm looking for the cause for the abnormal adult that he has become.....
Zone55555
He's a freak, and I'm very disturbed that I used to think he was cool back in the 80's. Of course, maybe he was cool and I shouldn't feel so bad, but he creeps me out so much now it's hard to remember why I ever liked him. Other than dancing zombies - ya gotta love the dancing zombies! smile.gif
amourdevin
At first I thought it would be common knowledge but then a few might not remember that Michael Jackson went through this once before. He paid that kid's family between $5 million and $15 million (depending on who you believe) to shut them up and drop the case. Uhm, I am sure he paid that much money over a frivilous lawsuit and potential criminal hearing with absolutely no merit (sarcastic). As a result, he was dropped from Pepsi's advertising campaigns, which probably cost him more than the actual hush money. Shortly after is when he got married, had kids and all which I suppose was a misguided effort to resurrect his image. The laws changed and victim's silence can no longer be bought. What is truly stunning about this is it has happened again and that any parent who loves their child would let Michael Jackson have anything to do with them. How stupid could Michael or the parents be?

Another case of crazed celebrity justice is OJ Simpson who is now being sued by the local cable company for about $20K for pirating cable. I still remeber the moron postal worker juror on his case (though he was ultimately dismissed) that sat through hours of DNA testimony that illustrated the astronomical odds against two unrelated people having the same DNA in simple yet intimate detail. Referring to the DNA evidence, he reported more or less, "So what, lots of people have the same blood as OJ?" It just goes to show you that the depth of stupidity is bottomless.
Zone55555
I just read at CNN that the cops seized some trunks he was keeping in storage with his name on them that had his underwear and pictures of him with young boys in them.

Ugh. Creepy.
seyedaddy
lol. maybe my love for mj goes waaay too deep, but i dont really beleive he molested the kids... and if he did, i wouldnt look at him any differntly. ive always loved mj. the kids folks r jus after some money, cuz in tjhis new case, there were alot of holes in the kids story.
amourdevin
. . . but i dont really beleive he molested the kids... and if he did, i wouldnt look at him any differntly.

The sad part is his defense team will probably find a juror with those thoughts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.