Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Pencils. Lots of pencils. And an ink'er.
nForums.net > Art & Design > Public Gallery
Rogue Znowman
I love this!
You guys have got me rumaging through old sketch pads that I haven't looked at in years!

The Hobgoblin. My goal was to leave every square inch of the paper covered with some degree of lead.
Just the teeth and eyes were left paper-white. Kinda gave him an erie look.
user posted image

Grendel. Same sort of theory. Loads of dark pencil, with a lot of smudging.
user posted image

A dragon that I started to ink before I had finished the pencils (as per usual rolleyes.gif ) I couldn't decide at the time if I wanted fire coming out of his mouth or not.
user posted image
TWINE006
Ohhhh, I like this batch. Very cool. I'm lovin that hobgoblin one... looks very grim reaper-ish. I really like your style of covering most of the scene with some form of leadwork. Grendel is also very good, I like the blurred effect that the picture as overall. A little to blank on the left... maybe? Not sure. The dragon is very cool. There's a lot of intricate and involved detail and I think fire would've taken away from the picture unless it was colored in some way. Nice work. smile.gif
Haroc
the top drawing would be a sweet tatoo as would the dragon, awesome pics mate.
Rogue Znowman
QUOTE (TWINE006 @ Apr 29 2004, 08:19 PM)
The dragon is very cool. There's a lot of intricate and involved detail...

I hadn't quite started the detail yet. I was gonna cover most of him with scales (you can see some of it on his snout, etc).
I think you're right about not having fire.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.