Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: A darker time...
nForums.net > Art & Design > Public Gallery
Rogue Znowman
I used to to do quick 30second sketches just to get creative juices flowing, or sometimes to vent and express emotions on paper.
Some quick ones from dark days...

"Fear"
(I think there're a couple words mixed into the darkness...)
user posted image

"Despair"
(Scan didn't turn out very dark... it was a light sketch).
user posted image

"Hate"
In a perfectly aligned world, all it takes is a slight skew to fuck everything up.
Here, just two of the lines are out of whack, and it envelopes the entire page, eventually destroying the whole.
Look close and tell me what you see...
user posted image
^ATOMIC^
hope you don't mind i played with your despair image

Link: Despair

Image:
user posted image
Rogue Znowman
nice work Atomic.
what'd you use for the background?
^ATOMIC^
just a stock image i had lieing around, changed the brightness and contrast and the bleeding properties
boxcrash
Cool...........I always love rumaging through my old sketches and books. I did it the other day moving some stuff from boxes into new boxes biggrin.gif
captbics
Actually, Despair is pretty darn good...

captbics
artzelda
OK what am I missing?? all I see are two straight lines that intersect squares (rectangles) of different size.
Rogue Znowman
user posted image
Haroc
all makes sense now...
Despair is interesting, Fear... yeah? Hate, i never woulda seen that
Either way..
^ATOMIC^
arhh i didn't see that either tongue.gif
Rogue Znowman
heh.
It wasn't meant to be seen...
It was the underlying emotion in the center of it all...
You can tell something is not quite right, but you can't recognize what it is.

I actually drew the word HATE first. Then I just extended the lines in the word... then filled in the adjacent lines to complete the picture. I didn't have it planned out or anything... I just drew...
TWINE006
Lol, I like that Hate thing. Despair is also quite nice. I think the person in the middle of Fear should have been made a bit bigger though...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.