Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: using 2 sound cards at he same time
nForums.net > Support > Hardware
seyedaddy
can u use 2 computyer sound cards at the same time?

cuz i have a sblive card, and then another onboard card. both drivers are installed, cuz they both appear in my device manager, but when i go to ,y audio properties in the iwndows mixer, i only see the sblive card listed under mixer devices. anyway to fix this?
Bearsland
Well, I'm no expert but I imagine this could cause conflicts. (not too sure though unsure.gif )

Anyway, you can/should be able to turn off the onboard stuff in the BIOS.

~Bear
Awai
i'm running onboard and soundblaster audio on my edit suite - the onboard is set up with the speakers and the soundblaster is for the edit card... dont know if its hardware specific as only one is set as my windows output... but in premiere/matrox cpanel i can select which one i want to loop the audio through for project work.

Awai.
Puff on This
It was so long ago I don't remember exctly what I did, but I had 2 in a comp. 1 was an aureal vorec with fiber out ( that bings back memories) to my stereo system, for playing MP3's. The other was a sound blaster just for normal computer use. Hmmm. I wonder if the Aureal just worked because I was only using the output, and the the acutall speaker plug in?
Audiyoda
My home system has a SB Live! and a M-Audio 1010LT running together. So you shouldn't have any conflicts to deal with. But in the windows mixer you will only be able to access one or the other. Not both. So on the properties window there are not two devices listed under Mixer Device? Also, are you using the Windows player control or the Creative suite's mixer control?
Bearsland
QUOTE (Audiyoda @ May 1 2004, 01:24 AM)
My home system has a SB Live! and a M-Audio 1010LT running together. So you shouldn't have any conflicts to deal with.

See! Told you I knew nothing. blink.gif

But I was sure Awai and Audiyoda would come along with the right info. Thanks Guys. smile.gif
seyedaddy
ahhhh, thanks anyways guys, i got what i needed to happen to happen without the use of both sound cards.

thanks for the replies
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.