Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Program to composit Still Images
nForums.net > Support > Video & Audio
dInferno
I'm looking for a program, other that aftereffects, that I can import a sequence still frames (with alfa chanels) and composit them together into a quicktime or AVI file. I need it to recognise alfa chanels because I'll be combining several layers of image sequences together.

Any thoughts?

thanks.
dInferno
This may need to be in Audio and Video. If it does, please move it.
kingato
You could do it in Flash
Audiyoda
MOVED TO A/V FORUM

Might get a better response over here.

Other than AE, Pinnacle's Liquid Chrome, Canopus Xplode, Boris Red or Boris Motions Graphics Pack are all very good. But I'm still partial to AE...just my $.02.
Jobefx
You can composite your sequence directly in most video editors, Premier, avid vegas or final cut pro. They will all recognize your alpha channel.

Another option would be to composite each frame individually in photoshop then import the sequence into any video editor, including (gag me) movie maker to render it to an avi. -- This option would be a pain in the butt I dont recomend it.

I personally think after effects is you best option though.

if you need help once you choose how your going to do it, post and I will be glad to help

Jobefx

dInferno
I think I'm going to stick with After Effects, because I know how to use it.

I'm probably going to get Adobe's Video Collection Pro, which includes Premiere Pro 1.5, After Effects 6 Pro, Audition 1.5, Encore DVD 1.5, and Photoshop CS. Pretty much every Adobe Program I need.

Thanks for the advice guys
hoioyske
Thats what I would do. If they are just singe frames, just comp em in Photoshop and then export the final comp to a video editor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.