Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Troy
nForums.net > General > Entertainment
mcelb1200
Saw this last Thursday. A very entertaining film following the classic tale of the war between the Trojans and the Spartans. No mention made of Achille's (Brad Pitt) sandals affording him increased agility given to him after killing the Medusa, but I spose this film isn't designed to be a lesson in ancient Greek mythology.

Anyways, some very cool spans of Trojan walls and an army of 50,000 spears. Got me wondering if they'd used the same "Massive" engine as employed in LOTR.

A very male audience, however it was my Girlfriend who dragged me along to see it. Thoroughly enjoyable, not terribly taxing on the mind re: subplots. One worthwhile twist, but otherwise standard singluar main plot interspersed with two love-affiars as sub-plots. Worthwhile.

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif.5 / 5

user posted image
Streetwise
Planning to see it too. Thanks for the revieuw.
Boss429
it was good, but i had read the Illiad earlier and the plot sometimes doesnt flow. I know they cannot do exactly everything in the whole tale, but to me the movie seemed to move around alot and didnt flow.

story was good, and cinematograohy was good. Though I think the Slowmo style of the Gladiator first battle would have been a better choice for a couple battle as the camera is jumping around trying to follow.

i would agree 3.5/5

Though the audio tracks i found very pleasing.

Cheers Laddies
TWINE006
I also saw this on Saturday. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought the plot moved along nicely and the battle scenes were pretty cool. I also really enjoy the epic feel of things whenever they show the huge army/fleet. I also think that the beginning slow-mo effect in the first battle should've been used a little more in a later important battle involving Achilles (don't want to spoil with whom). For once, I thought Brad did a good job in his role. He seemed to fill the shoes of Achilles quite nicely. However, I think the best character role in the movie is taken by Hector (Eric Bana, I presume?). The movie's musical score seems extremely familiar... but I just can't figure out what movie it sounds a lot like... Anyways, I recommend it to anyone with the money to see it and isn't a complete anti-violence type of person.

THE TWINE METER: 8.7 of 10 (don't be mistaken, that is damn good coming from me)

Stupid coward Orlando Bloom... *b1tch slap*
Defcon9
Well put. Seen it this weekend and thought it was as good as projected. I would reccommend too!! rolleyes.gif
PimpScourge
I thought it was entertaining, but that's it. The script really sucked... Paris never challenges Menelaus and Menelaus never dies, ever, during the Trojan war, neither does his brother, Agamemnon. He dies when he returns home only to find his wife has gone mad and murders him. And Agamemnon was a great king, not some mischievous, power hungry monarch only out for himself. He was a dignified king in the story.

The scene where they first introduce Sparta, theres water. I thought Sparta is nowhere near the waterfront, and never had a navy for that reason. i was like wtf?

Achilles never went into Troy, in fact, he dies six years into the war, four years till they breach the walls. Paris in the movie shoots him in the ankle by chance when in the story he hides as his cousin and Achilles meet secretly and he aims for the ankle then.

When the screen shows that it was based in the Illiad, i was laughing. The movie is waaaay off. I should have gone to Kill Bill 2 instead.

thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.