Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: ma1nstream.industries
nForums.net > Art & Design > Support
spidermanx
Can you please tell me what you think of my little logo i made:

user posted image

The logo in the center is from a photo of a Network cable Edited in photoshop, and the text is just some text resterized and wind filter

Tell me what you think, and if you have Any ideas at all for a Logo, please let me know.
Or if you have time and would like to make me one, i would appriciate it smile.gif
DutchKid
What is the Ma1nstream Industries? That kinda should come back in the logo. For the rest it looks ok..maybe a bit plain...
spidermanx
QUOTE (DutchKid @ Mar 19 2004, 06:48 PM)
What is the Ma1nstream Industries? That kinda should come back in the logo. For the rest it looks ok..maybe a bit plain...

oh, well right now its nothing.

just an online alias i use "ma1nstream" with industries slapped on it

and for the picture...its just the first thing that comes to mind when i hear "mainstream" that or one of those TV Cable, Cables

Really what im going to do is build a website, its not really going to have anything on it but my graphic design/photography stuff.

that was going to be the "preloader" page
Boss429
i like it. it to me looks like ice.. carved.. could just be the coloruingon my latop but it is sharp. as for it being plain, i think it is more simplistic, wondering what you are getting connected to.
Blue_Muppet
looks good mate, but its not a logo.

first of all, if you are making a logo, try and stay vector only. you want it to be able to work across a wide range of mediums, so its got to be resizable without losing quality. trace your pic in a vector art proggie, and try to stay as clean as possible.

second, dont split you text up, try and keep it together. heirarchy is the key here.

just my 2 cents
spidermanx
QUOTE (Blue_Muppet @ Mar 19 2004, 09:22 PM)
looks good mate, but its not a logo.

first of all, if you are making a logo, try and stay vector only. you want it to be able to work across a wide range of mediums, so its got to be resizable without losing quality. trace your pic in a vector art proggie, and try to stay as clean as possible.

second, dont split you text up, try and keep it together. heirarchy is the key here.

just my 2 cents

Mmmm..thanks for the advise BM, do you know a vector program i can use?
Blue_Muppet
Adobe Illustrator is my preference smile.gif
spektrum
QUOTE (Blue_Muppet @ Mar 20 2004, 03:08 AM)
Adobe Illustrator is my preference smile.gif

ditto.

when maing any type of branding or logo, it's good to keep in a vector format.

adobe illustrator is the best prog out there (IMO) for this work.

it's a little different then photoshop, but it's not that far off the learning curve from it.
spektrum
and.......the best logos I have even seen did NOT include the name of the company.

They logo was designed in such a way that you almost knew the name of the company just by looking at the logo.

something to keep in mind.
Rubix
I think it looks nice, very artistic. smile.gif
Kilroy
here's a good article to help you pick a good name for your business:

'http://www.bcentral.com/articles/wuorio/153.asp?LID=34660

No live links please...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.